Wayne Co vs Columbia Acad

wildcat89

I fear the officiating might play into their hands. Its always fishy at CA. They won't stop the WC run, but WC may get a PI call every time CA throws it. Wouldnt shock me if this game goes two OTs.

If we have a officiating crew equal to or better than what we had in Wboro last friday the game will be settled by the players not the officials!  That is the way it should be at playoff time and really all the time!  We had the best crew that we  have had all season, and i hope it stays that way!  "GO CATS"

If we have a officiating crew equal to or better than what we had in Wboro last friday the game will be settled by the players not the officials! That is the way it should be at playoff time and really all the time! We had the best crew that we have had all season, and i hope it stays that way! "GO CATS"

I thought the officiating last week was the best we seen all year.

I had to get in a cheap shot. As far as that sick feeling.......you'll get used to it. And another cheap shot. JK. After watching our boys the last two games I think injuries weren't our biggest problem. Our coaches actually started running the ball instead of throwing it to the other team. They put the big Ware kid back at rb and he was a beast.

I am not dogging Statom but it seemed like Cwood just gave up when the injuries started popping up. I think Cwood still had plenty left to compete. The line was pretty healthy and I thought y'all could have been running the ball the whole time. And while we're on the subject, what's up with the numbers this year? It seems like y'all always have alot more players

Hey guys,

Help someone who never played football with that formation you use where two backs are only a couple of yards off the line of scrimmage (one on each side of the QB who is under center).  What's the name for that?

P.S.  I've been watching some of the first WC/CA game  :popcorneater:

I think you're talking about the split-back veer. Do we typically run midline/option out of it? 

WC usually puts one back directly behind the QB, instead staggering both of them (may have changed a few things up since I saw a game live).  The veer has been a major part of WC's offense for years depending on our personnel.  It was our base offense during the 2011 state championship run. We weren't running it much when we beat NCS in 2010 though.  

I think you're talking about the split-back veer. Do we typically run midline/option out of it? 

WC usually puts one back directly behind the QB, instead staggering both of them (may have changed a few things up since I saw a game live).  The veer has been a major part of WC's offense for years depending on our personnel.  It was our base offense during the 2011 state championship run. We weren't running it much when we beat NCS in 2010 though.  

Yeah - that's it.  Looks very tough to stop if the blocking is there.  And the way all of you talk about smash mouth football, I see what you mean.  I know CA has an explosive offense but the WC ball-control style should keep them to a minimum of possessions.  I know it's hard to beat a team twice but I just don't see CA stopping your running game.

Yeah - that's it.  Looks very tough to stop if the blocking is there.  And the way all of you talk about smash mouth football, I see what you mean.  I know CA has an explosive offense but the WC ball-control style should keep them to a minimum of possessions.  I know it's hard to beat a team twice but I just don't see CA stopping your running game.

The only thing about running teams is that they typically don't score quickly. If we take care of the football then we do limit the number of possessions that CA will have. I think that the key for us is how we play defensively. Can we slow them down and create some turnovers ourselves. I am sure we will have something new defensively for them to look at. I just hope our kids get all of the new assignments down so it will be effective.

The only thing about running teams is that they typically don't score quickly. If we take care of the football then we do limit the number of possessions that CA will have. I think that the key for us is how we play defensively. Can we slow them down and create some turnovers ourselves. I am sure we will have something new defensively for them to look at. I just hope our kids get all of the new assignments down so it will be effective.

Taking care of the ball has been a problem for Wayne County this year.  They have had several fumbles this year.  I would bet that they average about 1.5 or 2 fumbles lost per game.  If they can keep CA's big receiver in check and get pressure on their QB then they will win this game.  CA can't stop Wayne County's rushing attack unless Wayne County turns it over several times. 

I'm going with a 32 to 28 Wayne County win.