Wayne Co vs Columbia Acad

wildcat89

why does Waynesboro get so many experienced coaches and Collinwood only has one?

Well Crews, Pierce, and Dixon were all born and raised in Waynesboro and played ball in Waynesboro. Went to college and came back to teach and coach at WCHS. It's definitely not a luxurious job or even a desirable one, they just love their home and Wildcat football.

why does Waynesboro get so many experienced coaches and Collinwood only has one?

You gotta ask yourself, how do you get experience? None of WC coaches were experienced when they started at WC. Coach Rice started here as an assistant to coach Gary Ezell. He went on and was head coach at WC, Lake Co, and WC again before going to PC where he was head coach for a few years. He returned to WC when his oldest son Tyler was in the 8th grade I think. Coach Crews was head coach at WC all the years that Coach Rice was gone and Coach Pierce was his assistant. I don't think either of those two ever coached anywhere else. So as for WC having experienced coaches, well we just got lucky and they all stuck around and have worked hard to promote the program here at WC.

It's obvious that Waynesboro high school is the popular destination of Wayne County.  

Destination? Rice is the only one that is not a WCHS alumni. Wayne County was Coach Rice's first Coaching job though. Ask Crews,Pierce or Dixon and they will all tell you they do it for the-----------------money. LOL

I thought I'd give everyone something fun to look at... First off, this is only the Second time WC and CA have meet in the playoffs!!!

These teams have played each other 36 times.

WC has won 30 out of 36, winning 15 straight games from '85-'98 (played twice in '90, first meeting in playoffs).

CA has won 6 out of 36, only back to back wins ('83-'84, '99-'00, '05-'06).

It's pretty interesting that this is only the second time WC and CA have meet in playoffs.

Edited by wildcatalumni