Wayne Co vs Columbia Acad

wildcat89

If WC takes care of the football and don't turn it over they win it, if they start fumbling they lose, it's that simple. Ca can't stop WC run only WC can!

You're right. It's proly going to be that simple..... CA has the advantage of being at home, but WC also has the advatage of knowing they can Win.... WC has got to protect the ball to win. Let CA get it from you and it will turn into points against you.

This game should really be CA's offense vs. Wayne c. Defense. If Wayne can stop the pass they win. CA has a very, very weak defensive line. (even being around them I must admit that). No chance they can stop the run. The best bet would be for CA to score a bunch early and force WC to pass. I think both teams have a good chance in this. If the first matchup has an extra min it could have been different, but the better team won. I'm going pick CA by 6, but I think this could go either way. Turnovers and special teams will decide this game. Did WC attempt an extra point vs. C-Ville or just go for two????

Went for 2 and kicked the extra point. The kicker made every extra point kick which was prolly the first time that's ever happened. WC isn't known for kicking extra points lol... Also, I agree that it could go either way.

This game should really be CA's offense vs. Wayne c. Defense. If Wayne can stop the pass they win. CA has a very, very weak defensive line. (even being around them I must admit that). No chance they can stop the run. The best bet would be for CA to score a bunch early and force WC to pass. I think both teams have a good chance in this. If the first matchup has an extra min it could have been different, but the better team won. I'm going pick CA by 6, but I think this could go either way. Turnovers and special teams will decide this game. Did WC attempt an extra point vs. C-Ville or just go for two????

WC run game seems to be firing on all cylinders and I just don't think Ca will have an answer for it. WC defense will get its share of stops, they just need to grind it out and keep Ca offense on the sidelines.

Wayne Co cant turn the ball over and keep CA in the game and count on making 4th down stops like the regular season game.Think Wayne Co is the better team but........ Wouldn't be surprised to see the cats win by 2 scores if they take care of ball but on the same hand could be in a nailbiter to the end.

Edited by CATWATCHER

couldn't the same be said about CA's passing game? 

Well we stopped it enough the last time, and before you say" if we had more time we would have scored and won", the fact is you just didn't do enough with the time you had and WC did!  It will be a good one i'm sure but CA couldn't, and won't stop our run game, just like Wildcat89 said only WC can stop it with turnovers!  All I hope for is a  injury free , good officiated game that both teams can feel good about when it's over! Someone has to lose I just hope the loser can say they left it all on the field and it just wasn't good enough this time!  "GO CATS"

I said it once and I will say it again, WC coaches are the best there is in my book come playoff time. They will come in with a game plan and by already playing Ca once will play in WC favor!

How many state championships do they have?  Calling them the best, even in your book, is a bit of a stretch id say when the likes of maryville, and other schools have had so much success.  

How many state championships do they have? Calling them the best, even in your book, is a bit of a stretch id say when the likes of maryville, and other schools have had so much success.

I said the best in my book! They got WC making noise in the playoffs year in and year out and this ain't no private school where you can pick your talent!

Well, I'll just go ahead and say it. It really bothers me that ppl get on here talkin about how good our coaching is making it sound like that's why we're good. YES, WC has really good coaches but WC has had and has really good players. It has become a standard in Wayne Co to play hard nosed football and that's credited to past players.