D-B vs. the Playoffs

blazer1set

Indians fans, I know you are frustrated after last night's debacle against Mo East.    But keep in mind that historically very few Tri-cities teams do well in the playoffs, it's not just D-B.    No offense to Science Hill, South and Betsy, but they will all very likely get bounced next week in round 2.   And I love Greeneville this year but I don't see them beating Fulton in 2 weeks.     There is a magic line drawn starting at Knoxville that is very hard to cross.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You play like your competition is the reason Kingsport can't win the big games like last night or Maryville. The competition in that area is weaker for some reason and I just don't know the answer why but it is.  If it were college we would be comparing Upper East Tennessee to the Big Ten and the Knoxville area to the SEC.

I reject your premise.  Greeneville's district schedule has even more cupcakes than the Big 7 conference does, and they have two (recent) state titles.  I would bet my left nut that if you put Maryville in the Big 7 conference, they would still mop the floor with everyone else in the state.

I reject your premise.  Greeneville's district schedule has even more cupcakes than the Big 7 conference does, and they have two (recent) state titles.  I would bet my left nut that if you put Maryville in the Big 7 conference, they would still mop the floor with everyone else in the state.

before you make those kinds of bets,don't forget maryville did come up a little short last year.

There's coaches up in the press box that are suppose to see that kind of thing and tell the coach.

Hopefully in a couple of years Oak Ridge and DB can start playing again. Coach Gaddis and most of the town want it.

And we can't knock each other out of the playoffs anymore since we're in 5A now.

Sorry to butt in.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Edited by bounder