District 3-AAA

SweetScience

Lol. Well, i bet you hated to see CC get beat last night, but on the other hand i'd say you were kinda glad because you get to get them football players back for the hoops team, which will make them even better. I wonder who won the Stone Maryville game? Bet that was a good one, too. Looked for the score on here, but it isn't posted.

Just posted, Stone beat maryville 64-55. Pretty good effort by maryville.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS, stone is one of the best coached teams you will ever see, ever! Have been for some time now, going back to Bucks days. It won't take them long to go from AA to AAA and be a contender. That's a good win for you all. Tested early to keep everyone focused.

When Mike Buck left there was a lot of talk of Stone falling off. What many didn't realize was that much, perhaps even most of the player devemopment was done by Capps. He is the real deal, does his homework, and is a real student of the game. They will fall off talent wise after this season, but will pick back up over time. Capps can coach. Stone will continue to get better as the year goes as well.

When Mike Buck left there was a lot of talk of Stone falling off. What many didn't realize was that much, perhaps even most of the player devemopment was done by Capps. He is the real deal, does his homework, and is a real student of the game. They will fall off talent wise after this season, but will pick back up over time. Capps can coach. Stone will continue to get better as the year goes as well.

I do recall Coach Buck coaching some of the current players in AAU when they were 11, and 12 years old.  Hence the player development was created by both coaches.  Coach Capps has done a great job at Stone and I think they have a great program. They've (Buck and Capps) have managed to create a winning atmosphere where those kids know they are going to win and established a tradition.  That's rare for a school thats barely 8 years old if that.  They will do well for years to come.

I do recall Coach Buck coaching some of the current players in AAU when they were 11, and 12 years old.  Hence the player development was created by both coaches.  Coach Capps has done a great job at Stone and I think they have a great program. They've (Buck and Capps) have managed to create a winning atmosphere where those kids know they are going to win and established a tradition.  That's rare for a school thats barely 8 years old if that.  They will do well for years to come.

I was not knocking Coach Buck. I have watched him work for years. He always did a great job. I have watched as he coached in AAU, just as Capps has. And even before that he worked with a group of parents to help them start a travel program with Stone's current core (back when they were in 2nd and 3rd grade), and several others who are no longer playing. I was just saying that while many wanted to point to Buck's depature as a sign that there are problems ahead, I personally think Capps has also been responsible for a lot of that success, and that he will continue to push them that way..

I was not knocking Coach Buck. I have watched him work for years. He always did a great job. I have watched as he coached in AAU, just as Capps has. And even before that he worked with a group of parents to help them start a travel program with Stone's current core (back when they were in 2nd and 3rd grade), and several others who are no longer playing. I was just saying that while many wanted to point to Buck's depature as a sign that there are problems ahead, I personally think Capps has also been responsible for a lot of that success, and that he will continue to push them that way..

I agree