Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

Definitely need work @ the QB position still. Had some guys get open a few times and the ball was either not there or we dropped a few. WR's and QB's need to continue to work hard. Defense played hard and tough impressed with that group especially with us having 3 starters out. I thought the JV's were pretty even. We moved the ball well and so did they for the most part. I come away feeling pretty good.

Definitely need work @ the QB position still. Had some guys get open a few times and the ball was either not there or we dropped a few. WR's and QB's need to continue to work hard. Defense played hard and tough impressed with that group especially with us having 3 starters out. I thought the JV's were pretty even. We moved the ball well and so did they for the most part. I come away feeling pretty good.

I'll agree with you SS... QB's and receivers didn't seem to be on the same page of the playbook.

I'll agree with you SS... QB's and receivers didn't seem to be on the same page of the playbook.

True, but that is probably the best defense in this whole state, so I am not going to get too discouraged. That's the best D we will see all year by a loooong shot. We still had a few good plays. If the ball is in the right place and our WR's actually come to the ball we would've seen a lot better results. Being the first scrimmage those are things you have to expect.

Edited by SweetScience

The scrimmage was mixed for me as well.  Our defense is much improved and will only get better as the coaches sort out the positions.  I was pretty disappointed in our offense. We have spent a lot of time working on getting sharp, and we just weren't.  Granted, Maryville's defense had much to do about that.  However, I was hoping for a better showing tonight.  However, to end this on a high note, we are much much better than we were at this time last year.  We have some promising underclassman who I think will really make a difference for our team down the stretch.  Looking forward to a great year!