Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

Can't fault a guy for wanting to better his position and make more money for his family. Could very well set him up for even bigger and better things in the future. Don't blame him a bit.

I don't know what you mean by not "blaming" him. Does Karns pay more than Oak Ridge? Is Karns a traditional stepping stone for great coaches? You've lost me with those comments. He would rather be at Karns. I find that odd, but I don't "blame" him either, whatever that means.

I don't know what you mean by not "blaming" him. Does Karns pay more than Oak Ridge? Is Karns a traditional stepping stone for great coaches? You've lost me with those comments. He would rather be at Karns. I find that odd, but I don't "blame" him either, whatever that means.

The guy has an opportunity to prove himself at a higher profiled position as a coach. He was not a DC at OR and he will be at Karns, which I bet means more money. If you could look past your love for OR for a moment you could understand. Their is more to life then OR football, believe it or not lol. Just think you guys are being a wee bit too hard on the guy for wanting to better himself, that's all. And who is to say Karns will never be good? Look at Campbell County. Who thought they would ever be good?

And what I mean about me not "blaming" him catswild is if you were in a position to make a little bit more money and had a wife and young children would you not take a position at another school if it was offered to you to make more money which would in return be for the benefit of your children? I know I would. I love OR as much as anybody, but we need to understand that at even the lowest level this is still a business. My love for my wife and kids would trump my love for OR every time. Just me, though. Even if it isn't more money and even though it is Karns it is still a chance for him to prove himself at a higher profiled position as a coach and if he happens do well could open more doors for him in the future. Who knows maybe as a HC somewhere? Just never know what the future holds. It may end up being the worst decision he ever made, but with the things I mentioned I really can see where he is coming from.

Edited by SweetScience

And what I mean about me not "blaming" him catswild is if you were in a position to make a little bit more money and had a wife and young children would you not take a position at another school if it was offered to you to make more money which would in return be for the benefit of your children? I know I would. I love OR as much as anybody, but we need to understand that at even the lowest level this is still a business. My love for my wife and kids would trump my love for OR every time. Just me, though. Even if it isn't more money and even though it is Karns it is still a chance for him to prove himself at a higher profiled position as a coach and if he happens do well could open more doors for him in the future. Who knows maybe as a HC somewhere? Just never know what the future holds. It may end up being the worst decision he ever made, but with the things I mentioned I really can see where he is coming from.

I'm sure you're way smarter about these matters than me but I don't see where he's coming from. KARNS pays more than OR? That's news to me. I don't get it but as I said, you're probably smarter than me.

I'm sure you're way smarter about these matters than me but I don't see where he's coming from. KARNS pays more than OR? That's news to me. I don't get it but as I said, you're probably smarter than me.

Ok. He was a position coach at OR. He is now a DC at Karns. Which means he is one position under the HC. With logical thinking, yes it probably pays more then a position coaches salary, even at Oak Ridge! What is so hard or tough to comprehend about that? And nobody said I was smarter then you. I'm more than likely the guy with the lowest IQ on here lol It's just simple thinking that a Defensive Coordinator position would pay more then a position coaches salary.

Edited by SweetScience

This not about rather being at Karns than Oak Ridge. And I doubt it is about the money. It is about a young man who wants to be a coach. Professional coaches need to move up. To take on more responsibility as one progresses in one's career. The opportunity to become DC was not going to happen at Oak Ridge. Being the safeties coach at Oak Ridge for the next ten years will not get him to where he wants to be

You will rarely meet a young man that is more loyal to his town, his team, and his players. If you could see the responses from "his kids", you would see how crushed they are. As a teacher at Jefferson he had many of the younger guys in class for two years and was a tremendous big brother and mentor. Leaving was not taken lightly. I know how the day progressed when he told the kids. And how painful it was for him as well. It is all about taking the next step.

From a great player, to a guy who came out of the "bread box" to talk to my eleven ear after a tough loss, to a teacher and a coach - he has shown nothing bout loyalty, pride and class to his town and his team. Even the hurt teenage players understand and are wishing him well.

Thanks James and best of luck in the future. Go make us proud at Karns and all the other places your CAREER takes you.

Edited by OR nole

This not about rather being at Karns than Oak Ridge. And I doubt it is about the money. It is about a young man who wants to be a coach. Professional coaches need to move up. To take on more responsibility as one progresses in one's career. The opportunity to become DC was not going to happen at Oak Ridge. Being the safeties coach at Oak Ridge for the next ten years will not get him to where he wants to be

You will rarely meet a young man that is more loyal to his town, his team, and his players. If you could see the responses from "his kids", you would see how crushed they are. As a teacher at Jefferson he had many of the younger guys in class for two years and was a tremendous big brother and mentor. Leaving was not taken lightly. I know how the day progressed when he told the kids. And how painful it was for him as well. It is all about taking the next step.

From a great player, to a guy who came out of the "bread box" to talk to my eleven your old after a tough loss, to a teacher and a coach - he has shown nothing bout loyalty, pride and class to his town and his team. Even the hurt teenage players understand and are wishing him well.

Thanks James and best of luck in the future. Go make us proud at Karns and all the other places your CAREER takes you.

Bingo! Just as I said. Puts him in a better position to be a HC somewhere. That's every coaches dream. Good post, Nole.

Ok. He was a position coach at OR. He is now a DC at Karns. Which means he is one position under the HC. With logical thinking, yes it probably pays more then a position coaches salary, even at Oak Ridge! What is so hard or tough to comprehend about that? And nobody said I was smarter then you. I'm more than likely the guy with the lowest IQ on here lol It's just simple thinking that a Defensive Coordinator position would pay more then a position coaches salary.

Lol. I assumed since you understand his thinking and I don't, then you must be smarter than me. I don't Karns as a step up from OR, but to each his own. I just don't see it at all.

Lol. I assumed since you understand his thinking and I don't, then you must be smarter than me. I don't Karns as a step up from OR, but to each his own. I just don't see it at all.

So with your thinking he should stay around OR and be a safeties coach his whole life? That isn't gonna get him anywhere, Cats. I know you love OR man, but the guy is taking a step forward to get where he wants to be, which is a Head Coach. Not gonna happen coaching safeties at OR forever.

Bingo! Just as I said. Puts him in a better position to be a HC somewhere. That's every coaches dream. Good post, Nole.

Ok. You and Nole are BOTH smarter than me. I understand the being a coordinator thing but can either of you please name a coordinator at KARNS who has used it as a springboard to become a head coach somewhere? I'm sure there are dozens so your answer should be easy. I can understand a guy wanting to move up but I don't consider this a smart move. Once again, I'm sure you two guys know better.

So with your thinking he should stay around OR and be a safeties coach his whole life? That isn't gonna get him anywhere, Cats. I know you love OR man, but the guy is taking a step forward to get where he wants to be, which is a Head Coach. Not gonna happen coaching safeties at OR forever.

No, that's not my point. I think leaving OR at this point for KARNS is not a good move. That's all I'm saying. I don't get it, but you and Nole do so maybe I'm wrong since Karns has such a rich football history.