Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

Ok. You and Nole are BOTH smarter than me. I understand the being a coordinator thing but can either of you please name a coordinator at KARNS who has used it as a springboard to become a head coach somewhere? I'm sure there are dozens so your answer should be easy. I can understand a guy wanting to move up but I don't consider this a smart move. Once again, I'm sure you two guys know better.

Dude you are about as bad as Bladerunner lol. It has nothing to do with anyone being smarter then anyone. Who is to say Karns will never be any good? I think Kilgore is gonna do good there personally. And adding guys like Mitchell sure isn't gonna hurt. If I were you I wouldn't be so arrogant in questioning why he would leave for Karns like their is never a chance they will be any good. We just got through losing to Campbell County for the first time in history this past year. I can remember a lot of people in the past saying the same exact things about them. Never say never, man. Karns has  talent to be a good team it just takes the right guys in the right positions to get things going. CC is proof of that.

Ok. You and Nole are BOTH smarter than me. I understand the being a coordinator thing but can either of you please name a coordinator at KARNS who has used it as a springboard to become a head coach somewhere? I'm sure there are dozens so your answer should be easy. I can understand a guy wanting to move up but I don't consider this a smart move. Once again, I'm sure you two guys know better.

Why the sarcasm? And why bring me into your "discussion". We see it one way, you see it another.

Why the sarcasm? And why bring me into your "discussion". We see it one way, you see it another.

You brought yourself into it. You posted didn't you? I just don't agree that it's such a great move. Am I not entitled to that opinion. I'm not attacking the guy. I just don't think it was smart. Why does that bother you?

Dude you are about as bad as Bladerunner lol. It has nothing to do with anyone being smarter then anyone. Who is to say Karns will never be any good? I think Kilgore is gonna do good there personally. And adding guys like Mitchell sure isn't gonna hurt. If I were you I wouldn't be so arrogant in questioning why he would leave for Karns like their is never a chance they will be any good. We just got through losing to Campbell County for the first time in history this past year. I can remember a lot of people in the past saying the same exact things about them. Never say never, man. Karns has talent to be a good team it just takes the right guys in the right positions to get things going. CC is proof of that.

You and Nole have a hard time when people don't agree with you. I didn't say Karns would never be good. I'm saying that based on history, and that's all we have to go on, I don't think it's a good move. Why does that opinion bother you?

You and Nole have a hard time when people don't agree with you. I didn't say Karns would never be good. I'm saying that based on history, and that's all we have to go on, I don't think it's a good move. Why does that opinion bother you?

It doesn't bother me. I just think it's sily to assume that they never can be good, that's all. That attitude is an attitude that is unfortunately prevalent in OR. I have personally been guilty of it myself in the past. We tend to look down on teams like Halls, Karns, CC. No wonder they hate us so much because a lot of our fans including me in the past have been so arrogant towards them. Yes, by going on past history it does look like a bad move, but history is just that it's history. You get the right guy in there along with other very good assistants and you get the kids fired up to come out and play and get the fanbase fired up with a few victories you shouldn't win here and there and you have eventually what you had at CC this past year. Oak Ridge fan (including myself in the past) have an arrogance about them and it's pretty sick.

I am relatively certain all of us with any amount of knowledge of local football history understand that Karns is not a power. We also understand that it is doubtful that anyone has used the position at Karns as a springboard, so your certainty as to an easy answer is either incorrect or blatent sarcasm. As for "dozens", that reeks of exaggeration. As for you being sure we know better, I can't say if you really mean that because I would not be so bold as to think I know what someone else means. If not sarcasm, I would have to infer that you really mean that we know better. Maybe, maybe not. Opinions are hard to quantify.  I know of someone else that uses the same tactics and your responses to that individual indicate that you do not think to highly of it. I would ponder that. You may choose not to.

Who knows? The young man might just succeed. I sincerely hope he does. His choice.

Edited by OR nole

It doesn't bother me. I just think it's sily to assume that they never can be good, that's all. That attitude is an attitude that is unfortunately prevalent in OR. I have personally been guilty of it myself in the past. We tend to look down on teams like Halls, Karns, CC. No wonder they hate us so much because a lot of our fans including me in the past have been so arrogant towards them. Yes, by going on past history it does look like a bad move, but history is just that it's history. You get the right guy in there along with other very good assistants and you get the kids fired up to come out and play and get the fanbase fired up with a few victories you shouldn't win here and there and you have eventually what you had at CC this past year. Oak Ridge fan (including myself in the past) have an arrogance about them and it's pretty sick.

You're not reading my posts very closely. I didn't say that Karns could never be good. I'm saying that based on history it's not a good move. If he was going to be defensive coordinator at DB then good move. If he was going to be defensive coordinator at Cleveland then good move. Defensive coordinator at Ooltewah, Rhea County, Sevier County, then all good moves. I just happen to think leaving OR for Karns is not a good move. You call my thinking arrogant. I call it logical. We disagree.

I respect you opinion. I see your point and do understand it. I NEVER insinuated or stated they would be good. In fact, I don't believe they will be with or without Mitchell.

Its the sarcasm and exaggeration that I disagree with.

I am relatively certain all of us with any amount of knowledge of local football history understand that Karns is not a power. We also understand that it is doubtful that anyone has used the position at Karns as a springboard, so your certainty as to an easy answer is either incorrect or blatent sarcasm. As for "dozens", that reeks of exaggeration. As for you being sure we know better, I can't say if you really mean that because I would not be so bold as to think I know what someone else means. If not sarcasm, I would have to infer that you really mean that we know better. Maybe, maybe not. Opinions are hard to quantify. I know of someone else that uses the same tactics and your responses to that individual indicate that you do not think to highly of it. I would ponder that. You may choose not to.

Who knows? The young man might just succeed. I sincerely hope he does. His choice.

Since he's leaving OR for Karns then success includes beating OR, so we disagree again. You don't think he wants to beat OR? You need to qualify your definition of success.

You're not reading my posts very closely. I didn't say that Karns could never be good. I'm saying that based on history it's not a good move. If he was going to be defensive coordinator at DB then good move. If he was going to be defensive coordinator at Cleveland then good move. Defensive coordinator at Ooltewah, Rhea County, Sevier County, then all good moves. I just happen to think leaving OR for Karns is not a good move. You call my thinking arrogant. I call it logical. We disagree.

Sorry. It just comes off as you being like pffft KARNS, REALLY? That kinda attitude. I see where you are coming from, I guess. We will just agree to disagree. No harm no foul.

I respect you opinion. I see your point and do understand it. I NEVER insinuated or stated they would be good. In fact, I don't believe they will be with or without Mitchell.

Its the sarcasm and exaggeration that I disagree with.

Ok. I exaggerated with the word "dozens". Name ONE coordinator at Karns who has used it as a springboard to become a head coach.