Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

#20 - experience and will only get better. He spent half the year learning to run against varsity. Ran hard in the second half of the year.

#8 - change of pace. Should start at safety.

#38 - doubt he starts. Will get reps and situational play. Should be good by the end of the year.

Don't forget Dunbar if need be.

I think TJ Allison will be in the mix Strong runner hard to tackle.

I think TJ Allison will be in the mix Strong runner hard to tackle.

Agree. Just will take a little time to get used to the speed of varsity. A lot of what he did last year was just being bigger and stronger than the opponents. Win big and get the back-ups some playing time. Allison will be a major contributor by mid-season. Hope he kicks butt in spring and pre-season and proves me wrong about the timeframe

#20 - experience and will only get better. He spent half the year learning to run against varsity. Ran hard in the second half of the year.

#8 - change of pace. Should start at safety.

#38 - doubt he starts. Will get reps and situational play. Should be good by the end of the year.

Don't forget Dunbar if need be.

I actually wish we had one who was good enough to be THE MAN. Maybe we do and just don't know it yet.

Oak Ridge has as much field speed as anyone they will play.  Oak Ridge was just young last year. I know he is gone but #36 was as fast as anyone they played but more than likely faster. #8 is as fast as anyone they played. #8 only played a bunch of reps versus Campbell County and he was the only back to play so didn't have legs to go the distance.  Also because of Oak Ridge ability to throw and WR make big plays not many teams played up with secondary hence not many big runs. Oak Ridge defensively played up and in your face in secondary so sometimes due to miss assignments big runs happen.  #20 can run and go the distance. Big runs are an art, you have to know how to make big runs its not just speed. It's knowing how to run angles. A lot of their speed guys didn't play defense they mostly played offense. 

Can you imagine the response on any message board for any high school or college team in the country - if a team had several Emmitt Smiths? 8,804 yards in the 2nd largest classification in Florida (not Tennessee). All this in 49 games. USA Today and Parade high school player of the year. Pensacola Escambia won state two years in a row.

Maybe it was just a great offensive line. Anyone who thinks it a slight to compare a running back to Emmitt Smith is.....well, just has a different opinion than I do. This coming from a HUGE non-gator fan.

Can't believe I fell for the bait.