Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

You could say the same thing about every other great RB. No RB is great without a great line. They go hand in hand. Barry Sanders was a rare breed.

The difference is.. Smith's line was One of the best lines ever. That's the difference.. I would also put Moose Johnston up there with the best fullbacks ever play the game. So no his situation is different than other running backs. Even if other running backs had a good line he had one of the best

The difference is.. Smith's line was One of the best lines ever. That's the difference.. I would also put Moose Johnston up there with the best fullbacks ever play the game. So no his situation is different than other running backs. Even if other running backs had a good line he had one of the best

Still. A great line is what makes a great running back. Yes, he did have one of the best lines ever, but Payton had great lines from the middle of his career to the end of it with the Bears. Same thing.

For me.. I would put #34 way ahead of Smith.

I would put him way ahead, too. FYI i'm a Huge Bear fan and Payton fan and really have always hated the Cowboys and never really liked Smith, but he was a dang good RB. Yes. He benefitted from a good line, but he was tough as nails and was hard to bring down. Did he have a great line at Florida when he played there? Well, he was a All American in 1989. Just give the guy some credit. Pretty sure you aren't a Cowboy fan or Smith fan lol Neither am i , but i can at least give credit where it's due. By the way i also saw Emmitt play against the Giants with a broken collarbone. How many guys would've done that? Not many, chief.

Edited by SweetScience