Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

Can you imagine the response on any message board for any high school or college team in the country - if a team had several Emmitt Smiths? 8,804 yards in the 2nd largest classification in Florida (not Tennessee). All this in 49 games. USA Today and Parade high school player of the year. Pensacola Escambia won state two years in a row.

Maybe it was just a great offensive line. Anyone who thinks it a slight to compare a running back to Emmitt Smith is.....well, just has a different opinion than I do. This coming from a HUGE non-gator fan.

Can't believe I fell for the bait.

Yes, lol, you sure did!

Classic from years past:

Big changes are in order for the 2008 Oak Ridge High School football Wildcats. In the biggest move of the year, Coach Stanton Stevens has resigned to become the kicking (and punching) game coordinator at Clinton High School. Dr. Tom Bailey and Ken Green immediately named themselves as Stevens' dual successors. The entire coaching staff was then released and replaced by a more suitable group of academians. Former Principal Chuck Carringer and former athletic director Mike Mullins could not be reached for comment. Rumor has it, they are the collective winners of the $167 million lottery and really don't care any more.

Bailey announced "Football is as vital to the spirit and history of Oak Ridge as the audio visual and chess clubs have been. With this in mind, I will lead the yet to be determined, more culturally sensitive mascot name to many goals on the diamond this season". Bailey is set to guide the new "fluffy pillow" offense. His first move was to replace that "jock" Tyler Clark at quarterback with Merit Scholar Louis Skolnick.

Despite not knowing which side of the ball is offense or defense, Green will perform the duties of defensive coordinator. When asked if he had any new ideas, Green was quoted as saying "captain insano shows no mercy". Perhaps this is a reference to the new transfer student from Louisiana. Green additionally said "My defense will be aware and sensitive to the needs of all participants of the athletic contests. Violence will not be tolerated on my watch."

All home games will kick off at 3:30 pm in an effort to cut stadium lighting costs. Pregame ceremonies will begin at 3 pm highlighted by "The Barney Song" replacing the National Anthem, and the continuing lack of any reference of prayer.

The booster club will be selling "ORHS - its not just for sports anymore" t-shirts and buttons.

Some more good news - reports of a David Clary sighting. Witnesses say since the athletic shake-up, Mr. Clary has been seen walking the streets of Oak Ridge with Santa Claus.

Best wishes on a successful 2008 season.          

Can you imagine the response on any message board for any high school or college team in the country - if a team had several Emmitt Smiths? 8,804 yards in the 2nd largest classification in Florida (not Tennessee). All this in 49 games. USA Today and Parade high school player of the year. Pensacola Escambia won state two years in a row.

Maybe it was just a great offensive line. Anyone who thinks it a slight to compare a running back to Emmitt Smith is.....well, just has a different opinion than I do. This coming from a HUGE non-gator fan.

True, Nole. It was just because he had a great offensive line :rolleyes: haha

I can Believe that you fell for the bait! i mean you think Jameis Winston is innocent! you will fall for anything! (As long as he is on your team)  So that is going to be your new name on here... you will be known as Jameis going forward. 

True, Nole. It was just because he had a great offensive line :rolleyes: haha

Sweet and Jameis, I guess lining up behind 4 diff.pro bowl lineman did not matter! I mean forget the fact that that the pro bowl Tight end kept the Linebackers honest. Forget the fact the his pro bowl quarterback and  receiver kept the secondary honest as well..  

No forget all of that. He was the greatest of all time! period!

Edited by bladerunner

Classic from years past:

Big changes are in order for the 2008 Oak Ridge High School football Wildcats. In the biggest move of the year, Coach Stanton Stevens has resigned to become the kicking (and punching) game coordinator at Clinton High School. Dr. Tom Bailey and Ken Green immediately named themselves as Stevens' dual successors. The entire coaching staff was then released and replaced by a more suitable group of academians. Former Principal Chuck Carringer and former athletic director Mike Mullins could not be reached for comment. Rumor has it, they are the collective winners of the $167 million lottery and really don't care any more.

Bailey announced "Football is as vital to the spirit and history of Oak Ridge as the audio visual and chess clubs have been. With this in mind, I will lead the yet to be determined, more culturally sensitive mascot name to many goals on the diamond this season". Bailey is set to guide the new "fluffy pillow" offense. His first move was to replace that "jock" Tyler Clark at quarterback with Merit Scholar Louis Skolnick.

Despite not knowing which side of the ball is offense or defense, Green will perform the duties of defensive coordinator. When asked if he had any new ideas, Green was quoted as saying "captain insano shows no mercy". Perhaps this is a reference to the new transfer student from Louisiana. Green additionally said "My defense will be aware and sensitive to the needs of all participants of the athletic contests. Violence will not be tolerated on my watch."

All home games will kick off at 3:30 pm in an effort to cut stadium lighting costs. Pregame ceremonies will begin at 3 pm highlighted by "The Barney Song" replacing the National Anthem, and the continuing lack of any reference of prayer.

The booster club will be selling "ORHS - its not just for sports anymore" t-shirts and buttons.

Some more good news - reports of a David Clary sighting. Witnesses say since the athletic shake-up, Mr. Clary has been seen walking the streets of Oak Ridge with Santa Claus.

Best wishes on a successful 2008 season.          

?????? What are you smoking?

Yes you're right Jackson will be special. I'm pretty sure Graham will be gone in year or so. I think Oak Ridge defense will be very good next year. I hope they emphasize J.V. and continue to build from the ground up. I hear my son in law talk about how in Texas their B team (JV) is as good as the varsity in the level they play. He said their coach says their goal is to win freshmen, JV, and Varsity.  Maryville does a great job at that.

I guess Papa Bounder, Hey

I was going to ask you something. If I was going to buy a camper- one that you drive...Which would be the best? And which one should I stay away from?. I don't want one too big or too small. I don't want to spend more that 25k or 30 k 

You're best bet is to just go to a couple dealers and look at them. They are all different and find what "fits" you. Will it be just you or a whole crowd. Hope that helps.