Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

But...since you asked I'll be happy to enlighten you . Bloodsaw is a mediocre middle school football coach at best. I've been around him and seen him coach and I'm not impressed at all. Look at his record. Strickland hasn't won a game as a high school head coach and has worked all over the place. His past has no consistency to it. I could go on about these two men but why bother. These are just some of the reasons for my feelings. But again. My opinion means nothing. As far as a search committee goes..if I was asked I would be glad to help.

Good morning, tis. I was actually on pounder1. But since I've ruffled feathers with you too and you do seems to have some knowledge. Where has Strickland coached? All I know is that he was at all the games in the second half of the season making rounds like he was running for mayor of chattanooga.

Edited by Stanthepounderman

Look, as far as Norwood goes......keep him up in cleveland or Tellico or where ever. I have been around CHS Football since 2000  he is not that great of a coach, and who gives a $hit what legendary coach he worked for.   i have seen him go behind the coaches and undermind them after it came to discipline and pamper the kid that just got disciplined.   we dont need that at Central.   our kids are big enuff babies.   And the man doesnt even teach,,,,,, come on.. he is a good guy but he is no where near a HIGH SCHOOL HEAD COACH.   maybe Middle School

I never get on this site and write but I am offended. I appreciate the post tacklefootball but it is people like bigbaddude that I will never coach at central again. I am happy where I am. As for going behind coaches backs, I have never done. It is coaching 101 that if a player gets chewed by one another coach should pat the player on the back and remind them to move on. Its not pampering, its called reassurance. There is a huge difference and if you knew anything about coaching you would know that. As far as me not teaching, I know a heck a lot more about football than some coaches who do teach. There were a lot of players that continued to play at central because Barger and I knew how to talk to them and not yell at them every time they did something wrong. I learned that from john Crawford and David Barger. I would line any defense up I coach against anything you have. I promise they would fight tooth and nail and do it with discipline. You don't know me so don't waste your button pushers pretending you do. The only back that was gone behind was mine. A few people there aloud me to get stabbed in the back. There are a lot of good people there at central. Have a nice day.

Good morning, tis. I was actually on pounder1. But since I've ruffled feathers with you too and you do seems to have some knowledge. Where has Strickland coached? All I know is that he was at all the games in the second half of the season making rounds like he was running for mayor of chattanooga.

Stan, Strickland coached in Knoxviile at CAK and at Oakland.  I believe the same as TIS on Bloodsaw. Yes I would be glad to serve on the committee if I had been asked. I know Strickland has been politicking for the job since mid season and still is. He has not been at one place long enough and has been out of coaching for awhile. Hey I wish we could get another coach Etter but that is rare with assistants like Archer, Farmer , and Seaton but it probably want happen. But you never know. This pick has to be very carefully done. These kids deserve this. There does not need to be any politicking involved in this. Every one has a right to recommend and anyone can apply. Whoever is chosen has gotten something special to work with and has a group of kids that want to win. They need guidance. They need somebody who does what they say they will do. They need somebody who is willing to embrace the past and the presence at the school. We all know that there will never be a public school in  Chattanooga that will dominate as Central did before but you can embrace the heritage to build on and win on. This school has that and  many others do not. You bet I have my choices for Coach in Chattanooga. Whoever he is I will back.  Go Pounders. Lets get it Done. PFL.

Edited by Pounder1

Oldschoolfootball, I am sorry you feel that way . I felt that staff with Coach BARGER did a god job. I agree with what you had to say and yes I would like to see you back at the Hill in some capacity. Yes you are right your defenses were some of the better ones. Yes you are right about discipline and patting them on the back. Don't let one person get to you . Come back in any capacity and you will be welcome . Everybody does not feel that way as bigbaddude. By the way I have been associated with Central sine 1964. I have seen some good ones and I have seen some bad ones and you were not one of the bad guys.   PFL.

I know we had a good defense when Norwood was there. I like the pats on the back myself. I think that was part of the problem with Allen..he would eat your #### and never show the love. Sam was just the opposite ...he had no discipline at all. Having said that .. I think he had some personal issues to deal with.