Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

It was probably the only hire they could have made at this point. What coach (that has already been turned down once by Central and probably recommitted to their own team) would want to go to the mess that is Central Football? Mallory is on staff at Central already and it will be an easy move to just put him in that position.

However, he must be the least qualified Head Football coach in the state. He didn't even coach football last year, no coordinating experience, and very little high school coaching experience. IMO, being a graduate assistant doesn't exactly qualify as "coaching".

It was probably the only hire they could have made at this point. What coach (that has already been turned down once by Central and probably recommitted to their own team) would want to go to the mess that is Central Football? Mallory is on staff at Central already and it will be an easy move to just put him in that position.

However, he must be the least qualified Head Football coach in the state. He didn't even coach football last year, no coordinating experience, and very little high school coaching experience. IMO, being a graduate assistant doesn't exactly qualify as "coaching".

I beg to differ biscuits.  I will admit that some graduate assistants are there to run to Mapco and get coffee & cigarettes for the paid staff.  That scenario is few & far between in today's college football world.  However, I have first hand experience how it really is.  Most of these guys (especially mid major schools) are given a position to coach and told to run with it.  They meet at all hours like paid staff.  They signal in plays and organize personnel on game day.  Some schools choose to use young energetic men to coach positions because they do not have to pay them a salary.  So...........do not judge the graduate assistant position on your own negative experience.  Look at it this way, it should tell you something if you were not allowed to "coach" as a graduate assistant.  If it does not pertain to you, then it is best to not say anything at all and just support Mallory & the kids. 

Bird9 you are right sir. They no nothing about him except what has come out in paper. That is what is killing them. He coached before coming to Central last august in NJ. To late to get a job there.

biscuits he has not even coached yet here. You no nothing except what came out in paper that is what is killing most of the people here. Also biscuits u guys in the Ooltewah/ EH area have enough problems in your area that may be coming out soon besides what came out the other day. 

Judge him after his coaching not now. You have nothing to go own except what u want to believe.

Besides I think you either support EH or Ooltewah or both not Central.

I beg to differ biscuits.  I will admit that some graduate assistants are there to run to Mapco and get coffee & cigarettes for the paid staff.  That scenario is few & far between in today's college football world.  However, I have first hand experience how it really is.  Most of these guys (especially mid major schools) are given a position to coach and told to run with it.  They meet at all hours like paid staff.  They signal in plays and organize personnel on game day.  Some schools choose to use young energetic men to coach positions because they do not have to pay them a salary.  So...........do not judge the graduate assistant position on your own negative experience.  Look at it this way, it should tell you something if you were not allowed to "coach" as a graduate assistant.  If it does not pertain to you, then it is best to not say anything at all and just support Mallory & the kids. 

I've never played for or met a graduate assistant that was a position coach.  They typically work with the position coach.  Also, just because you're meeting at the same hours as the paid staff doesn't mean you're doing the same work.  I haven't had any negative experience with graduate assistants.  I have simply seen what they do on a regular basis on the practice field and in meetings/games.  It isn't even close to the same thing as what a position coach does.

Don't take your experience as something that is common in "today's college football".  If you were allowed to have full coaching control over a position on a college football team then you would be the first graduate assistant I have ever heard of to do so.

I can say whatever I like whether it pertains to me or not.  This is a high school football message board.  If you don't like it, get bent.

Bird9 you are right sir. They no nothing about him except what has come out in paper. That is what is killing them. He coached before coming to Central last august in NJ. To late to get a job there.

biscuits he has not even coached yet here. You no nothing except what came out in paper that is what is killing most of the people here. Also biscuits u guys in the Ooltewah/ EH area have enough problems in your area that may be coming out soon besides what came out the other day. 

Judge him after his coaching not now. You have nothing to go own except what u want to believe.

Besides I think you either support EH or Ooltewah or both not Central.

I know as much as any of his numerous bio's have told me.  That's all you know as well.  I haven't made a judgement about the man's character.  I have simply made an observation about his experience.  There is no disputing that he lacks coaching experience for a Head Football coach.  Going from Ware to Mallory is huge difference in experience.  If you can't admit that, then you're delusional.

And I probably know a lot more about the situation than you do.

Us "guys" in the Ooltewah/EH area don't have any problems compared to what Central is going through right now.

Once again, I haven't judged him.  You will not find one instance of me judging the man's coaching ability.  I simply said he has very little experience for a Head Coach.  I have a lot of facts and background to go on.  His coaching credentials are out there for everyone to see.  It has nothing to do with what I believe.  I'm simply making observations about the known facts.

I don't "support" Central, but I would like to see a once great program recover from this debacle.  

I am sure that Mallory can coach. He comes from pretty good stock. His father is on the MTSU staff. Time will tell, but he does have some experience, just not as an HC. I don't know much about the Central situation, but I do know that more is expected from Graduate assistants as coaches more so than they were back in the day. Especially at mid major schools or FCS level and lower. He has to get his first HC job somewhere, Central might as well be that somewhere. I am interested in knowing what happened to the coach they just hired before Mallory.

that's the problem BIRD....Central is just used as a stepping stone.  Go ahead and let the guy get his FIRST HC job....then he will leave......Just like the Ware guy that didn't work out...he needed HC experience so he could MOVE ON back to the college level.  he would not have been here longer than 2 or 3 yrs.  BTW. he falsified information on his Resume.  Central has a long way to go with recovering to the once great program...the hiring process that they have been using in the last 4 hires have not work out....EVER...I don't see this one being any different.

Hey, bad dude, his resume is legit. He was let go because of the superintendent was afraid to reverse his course over something he perceived wrongly. It was explained to him and he was afraid to reverse himself because he was afraid of a law suit. 

You're misinformed or lying.  I think most people know why Ware was let go and it has nothing to do with the superintendent.  

You're misinformed or lying.  I think most people know why Ware was let go and it has nothing to do with the superintendent.  

I am a lot closer to this than what you are or were. It was the super's call. He would not do it. Enough it is over. Go back to your school EH and vent with Passive Aggressive. He really likes your commentary. I do not. Do nor worry about us anymore. You have enough problems getting ready to start on your side of town. Brace yourself because it is going to happen soon. Have a nice day.