Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

Pounder.. Ill tell you this. It was the right decision. I wish I could say more but it's not my place. Ware has no grounds to sue.

Tis, I was with my son and did not get to respond sooner. Tis this man has been coaching for 17 years. He coached at the high school level and college. The issue was in 2001 over a speeding ticket. He was convicted of speeding and paid his fine. That was 14 years ago. He marked no when he should have marked yes on the application. They said he lied. They told him yesterday.

As far as them doing due diligence, they did.  They forwarded the info to the central office. He applied on line to the central office.They, education department  hired the man. Then they went over his application again and found that he had that charge that I mentioned. He told them he forgot this . It was 14 years ago. He did not go to jail. It was a speeding ticket. he paid a fine. This is what it was. No felony no jail, Just paid a fine and still coached.

Tis everywhere he has been they do background checks on the people they hire. Evidently they did not think that the speeding charge was a criminal offense to keep from hiring him.. Tis that is the only thing he had. He could not have been a Fulbright Scholar if it was true. They do background checks.

Tis they the central office hired the man then they pulled this mess. Tis this was out 3 weeks ago . How it got out no one will say. But it was said they will not hire him. Personally I think they or someone wants a local person in there. Rick Smith is the one that said no. Go figure.

They will have an off season program by the way. That is being worked on and has been in the works.  Sorry but I will not reply any more. This was not Central high's fault. Go blame the department of education.

Pounder..I respect your loyalty to Central and how you and me both want the best for the school.  Having said that, I think you need to check your sources.  I don't think its right of me to say what his crime, or mistake was.  But it wasn't a speeding ticket.    In my opinion I'm glad he isn't being hired.  Whoever does/did the background checks is the one who should have brought this up before they announced his hiring.  And HE should have brought this to their attention from the start.  I'm aware of their off season program as well.  And just to be honest with you...I can't say I'm crazy about that set up either.  Central needs some help my friend.  It needs true good strong leadership on the athletic dept.  For as much $$$ as football can bring to a program its time we have a good athletic director.

It's a lot of great coaches right here in town...it's ashamed they had to bring someone from the outside in with a great resume as Ware...and then try to smear the hire for some ground they supposedly didn't cover??? He is a well educated man and maybe some school in Middle or West Tennessee would take a chance and stick it to you in the playoffs???

Evidently it happened in 2000-20001.. I guess the local school system requirements are more stringent than Notre Dame, George town, Dartmouth, Miami of Ohio, Springfield College , Western, Michigan, Eastern Illinois, and the high school he coached at for 5 years not counting the Fulbright scholar committee. He was hired then he wasn't. The school and community was jacked up and now trying to see if he can have face to face with super to talk with  super Smith. He hires and vetoes and he is the one that said no at this time. Funny though others say said they heard this 3 weeks ago before the Coach. The coach was told no yesterday, Me thinks there must be a leak. What he did was when he was in his 20's. Do not know what it was. My lord I could not have taught school, retired from the military, or worked security at a nuclear plant if the school system was checking me. Yet they are superior to the above universities who let him around young people and teach them. I think it was an overkill on the school system. My opinion and I am sticking to it.