Greeneville vs Fulton

FormerDevil

OK, let's hear some breakdown of Greeneville's QB. Is he dual-threat or strictly drop-back. Is he a gunslinger like '08 or a speed freak like '10?

He throws a good ball like Greenway of 08 but runs faster than him. He is not as fast as willie (haven't seen anyone that really is in person). He is is a great mix of both. Runs the read option very well. 5"11 170 lbs. He can sling it around the yard to #2 and #1

After doing a little research. From an overall talent standpoint these two teams are evenly matched. Both teams have excellent team speed. I would say we have the better running back. But their secondary on film impressed me more than I thought. I do think we will have opportunities for big plays through the air as it looked like greeneville trusts their corners alot. Both teams dominate the line of scrimmage defensively. I give fulton the edge in the return game but greeneville wins the kicking match up. I say this game comes down to which players can make more of the tough plays for their team. I say fulton makes more plays and wins. I'm curious to see how either team will react if the other jumps on them early. Both offenses can score in the blink of an eye. I think Fulton showed last week that can handle adversity. At the end of the day I do not believe greeneville will be able to handle the attack for 48 minutes and the Falcons will win.

I'm working on getting together a carload (or two) of South, Boone, and Dobyns-Bennett fans together to come down and cheer on the Devils.

This DB fan went down last Friday and watched South and Fulton. I thought I was going to watch a lop sided game. However, South played a great game. I had heard that Fulton was probably the best team in all classifications. This couldn't be farther from the truth. Maybe they had a down game, I don't know but South dominated the game for 3 quarters. So they did fight through and find a way to win.

I also have seen Greeneville play and that was against Signal Mt. I thought by looking at Signal Mt. that Greeneville would get killed. Not even close. I believe I was more impressed with the Devils play than I've seen maybe ever. And I will say it's all about the coaching. I've never seen a team more focused and prepared as them. This game will be at least a 21 point victory for Greeneville.

Okay I need somebody to teach me the meaning of "Dominated". I've seen the term used about 3 or 4 times on this thread about how South "Dominated" us. They led 7-0 in the first quarter, we led almost the entire game, Rollins-Davis didn't play much he is our best athlete, and yet we still led almost the entire game, then end up beating them 41-19, that is "Domination" and people are seeming to forget that we had 41 and they had 19.

Did they give us a good game? Sure, did they "dominate" us? LOL LOL AHAHHA Not even close.

Fulton beats Greeneville by at least 14. I'm so glad the game is tomorrow, a lot of you Devil fans, and upper east Tennesseans will be eating a ton of crow.

Edited by Bill4volz

After doing a little research. From an overall talent standpoint these two teams are evenly matched. Both teams have excellent team speed. I would say we have the better running back. But their secondary on film impressed me more than I thought. I do think we will have opportunities for big plays through the air as it looked like greeneville trusts their corners alot. Both teams dominate the line of scrimmage defensively. I give fulton the edge in the return game but greeneville wins the kicking match up. I say this game comes down to which players can make more of the tough plays for their team. I say fulton makes more plays and wins. I'm curious to see how either team will react if the other jumps on them early. Both offenses can score in the blink of an eye. I think Fulton showed last week that can handle adversity. At the end of the day I do not believe greeneville will be able to handle the attack for 48 minutes and the Falcons will win.

whatabout that wager you in..... GREENE TEAM ALL THE WAY....

Okay I need somebody to teach me the meaning of "Dominated". I've seen the term used about 3 or 4 times on this thread about how Signal "Dominated" us. They led 7-0 in the first quarter, we led almost the entire game, Rollins-Davis didn't play much he is our best athlete, and yet we still led almost the entire game, then end up beating them 41-19, that is "Domination" and people are seeming to forget that we had 41 and they had 19.

Did they give us a good game? Sure, did they "dominate" us? LOL LOL AHAHHA Not even close.

Fulton beats Greeneville by at least 14. I'm so glad the game is tomorrow, a lot of you Devil fans, and upper east Tennesseans will be eating a ton of crow.

They played Sullivan South, and they took the birds deep into the 4th before throwing up a couple of quick cosmetic scores after the game was decided. And I have a great crow recipe, I call it (Broadway Broil), hit me up Saturday morning before you head out to basketball practice. Devils - 49, Yard Birds - 21