Greeneville vs Fulton

FormerDevil

Falcon defense just added some hair on their chest tonight. There were no sharks in the water, I saw no snot fire, and we were far from ever being dominated. For two big offensive showdowns, it was a defensive battle that Fulton won hands down and sealed the victory. 

Greeneville's a good team, but I will admit that I bought into the hype and expected a better Greeneville team.  One that was at least capable of whooping' our Apples as Big Vol Daddy said. No disrespect intended, but I have to say that Sullivan South was a much more physical team and I don't see Greeneville winning that matchup either. I scratch my head and wonder how Elizabethton beat Sullivan South and then lost so convincingly to Greeneville. 

Being Disrespectful???  Don't even let me get started on the home town disrespecting the visitors. Don't think you had any Fulton Fans sitting in the visitors side taunting as the game went on, nor did we shout out your players and coaches throughout the game. However, the tonight's biggest disrespect didn't happen when Greeneville stomped on the falcon. It was everyone thinking Fulton was a 1 or 2 man show incapable of winning without Rollins.  Losing Rollins and Stokes were big losses to both offense and defense, and yes... If you thought Hawkins was fast, Rollins would have likely added a few more long touchdown runs. However, our eleven guys stood together and proved they win as a team. An effective offense goes to plan B and can be just as effective. Rollins is out and boom… Meet Mr Tate.  Our offensive unit executed when they needed to and never let Greeneville feed off of their momentum. Fulton was harder hitting, more punishing, and played without two strong players. With that being said, Congratulations Falcons! You made a lot of people proud of your resilience and you played like the proven State Champions. 

Hey Refs… take next week off! Once again you blew you whistle as if you wanted your kids to see you on TV. Lousy job for both teams.

And Finally! Hey Catholic….Bring on the harry-legged bagpipe lady! 

Fultons d line was amazing, just as good as advertised. Why we played into their strength by running right up the middle so much I don't know. We seemed to do alright when we were passing the ball, as long as we had time that is. Not sure what happened to the play calling in this one but it's not like anything I've seen this year. Running on 3rd and longs ain't gonna get it done against big strong boys like that who can absolutely fly. Just terrible decisions and if you stand behind them you are an idiot. Hats off to Fulton they played lights out football. I was impressed with the size and speed of your players. I hope y'all coast through the rest of the playoffs. You guys have this Devil's support

color me an idiot I guess then. Sure, I wasn't happy with every play call tonight and at times it was frustrating to watch, but all this ballard bashing is senseless nonsense. How bout for a minute all the ballard bashers step back and look at just what he's done for Greeneville football. For crying out loud, some of you guys are starting to sound like VOLS fans, when fulmer was fired......hows that workin out for ya? FormerDevil I don't expect you or anyone else to be happy about the way this night turned out but lets put some of the blame on execution. These are the exact same plays that have worked for us all season and although I think yes, Coach B. might have outthought himself a bit tonight, Shame on any of you that are bashing him.........as for the falcon stomping.....no excuses for that one. I know the devils do their "hey greene" thing at midfield now every game but im really not sure what they were thinking when they decided to do that.....I think "classless" is a bit to much, but it surely isn't how I would behave, or hope to see my kids behave......chalk tonight up to the obvious....we were beaten by 2 great teams tonight, FULTON and ourselves..........GO DEVILS...I love each and every one of you seniors, thank you for your work and the best to you all in your future persuits.....as for fulton, go get that gold ball now, cause we all know aint nothing standing in your way that can stop you, but you....I hope yall get to crush trezevant in the finals.

color me an idiot I guess then. Sure, I wasn't happy with every play call tonight and at times it was frustrating to watch, but all this ballard bashing is senseless nonsense. How bout for a minute all the ballard bashers step back and look at just what he's done for Greeneville football. For crying out loud, some of you guys are starting to sound like VOLS fans, when fulmer was fired......hows that workin out for ya? FormerDevil I don't expect you or anyone else to be happy about the way this night turned out but lets put some of the blame on execution. These are the exact same plays that have worked for us all season and although I think yes, Coach B. might have outthought himself a bit tonight, Shame on any of you that are bashing him.........as for the falcon stomping.....no excuses for that one. I know the devils do their "hey greene" thing at midfield now every game but im really not sure what they were thinking when they decided to do that.....I think "classless" is a bit to much, but it surely isn't how I would behave, or hope to see my kids behave......chalk tonight up to the obvious....we were beaten by 2 great teams tonight, FULTON and ourselves..........GO DEVILS...I love each and every one of you seniors, thank you for your work and the best to you all in your future persuits.....as for fulton, go get that gold ball now, cause we all know aint nothing standing in your way that can stop you, but you....I hope yall get to crush trezevant in the finals.

You are the definition of a great high school football fan my friend.

Falcon defense just added some hair on their chest tonight. There were no sharks in the water, I saw no snot fire, and we were far from ever being dominated. For two big offensive showdowns, it was a defensive battle that Fulton won hands down and sealed the victory. 

Greeneville's a good team, but I will admit that I bought into the hype and expected a better Greeneville team.  One that was at least capable of whooping' our Apples as Big Vol Daddy said. No disrespect intended, but I have to say that Sullivan South was a much more physical team and I don't see Greeneville winning that matchup either. I scratch my head and wonder how Elizabethton beat Sullivan South and then lost so convincingly to Greeneville. 

Being Disrespectful???  Don't even let me get started on the home town disrespecting the visitors. Don't think you had any Fulton Fans sitting in the visitors side taunting as the game went on, nor did we shout out your players and coaches throughout the game. However, the tonight's biggest disrespect didn't happen when Greeneville stomped on the falcon. It was everyone thinking Fulton was a 1 or 2 man show incapable of winning without Rollins.  Losing Rollins and Stokes were big losses to both offense and defense, and yes... If you thought Hawkins was fast, Rollins would have likely added a few more long touchdown runs. However, our eleven guys stood together and proved they win as a team. An effective offense goes to plan B and can be just as effective. Rollins is out and boom… Meet Mr Tate.  Our offensive unit executed when they needed to and never let Greeneville feed off of their momentum. Fulton was harder hitting, more punishing, and played without two strong players. With that being said, Congratulations Falcons! You made a lot of people proud of your resilience and you played like the proven State Champions. 

Hey Refs… take next week off! Once again you blew you whistle as if you wanted your kids to see you on TV. Lousy job for both teams.

And Finally! Hey Catholic….Bring on the harry-legged bagpipe lady! 

good to meet you tonight photoman, best of luck cruising to Cookeville.....I don't think you got greenevilles best shot tonight and that's not a sore loser talking, that's just how I feel. we killed ourselves all night and it looked like at times our coach or coaches might have out thought themselves a bit. but im not even sure about that one either. I think if we play ten times, you guys probably win 6 times, that's how close I think we really are, Hayes had an aweful night for us and we couldn't get trevor the ball enough......in the end, the better team won the game tonight, so congrats and we'll see you next year.

Let me start by saying .. while SS played us tougher I think Devils better team ... kids played hard what I saw .. but did see some guys hanging head pretty early in 2nd half ... I think they were shocked at how they were getting handled ... and oh yea thanks for waking our kids up by stomping on Falcon ... never have understood why teams like to wake a sleeping giant  .. 

Disrespect ... give me a break ... Greeneville needs to learn if ya gonna stomp on home teams logo ,, u better back it up ... dont pay attention to devilmab03 .. he is hopeless .. he musta been the guy with the tripod in the St Mary garage videoing to Falcons practice who the security at St Marys saw ... well on to game ... better be glad Rollins didnt play ( he had 3 TD's last year against Greeneville) coulda been worse .. also officials were awful .. 2 interceptions taken away .. QB for Greeneville is a good player but when rushed made some bad decisions .. was expecting a more physical team from Devils .. and never saw the speed all the Devil fans talked about .. Falcons had the corners beat all night ... nobody on field as good as Hawkins ... kinda amazed at Greeneville coach going for it on fake punts so many times ... also whoever said (think it was BVD ) said he would put #2 for Greeneville against Rollins running !! ( what was he smoking ) .. hope DEvils learned a lesson ... dont talk smack or jump on the Falcon at midfield if ya aint gonna back it up .. u aint the first team to try it and fail so dont feel bad ,,, Falcons are not intimidated by anybody  .. and u just adding fuel to the fire when ya do stuff like that.    

BVD .. thanks for well wishes .. u are as a passionate a fan as I have seen .. who enjoys this time of year ... I think the wet conditions affected u guys alot more than us ... dont know how many games yall played on wet grass this year ... we looked slow last weak with SS on that wet grass .. maybe we got some longer cleats .. didnt look like ur speed guys handled the wet conditions very well ... answer one thing .. why the runs with big 33 .. to slow to get started and after he got leveled by 27 didnt seem like he wanted to run the ball anymore .. think u guys would have been better off with 12 and 5 running down close .. plus big guy layed it on ground . Refs terrible both sides  ..... glad we didnt let let one of those guys decide the game ... take care .. we may have a hard time getting back next year .. we loose OL and and 2 great kids in Rollins and Hawkins .. hats off to the kid#1 and some others .. they showed some class late in game ... hate it for kids who have played thier last game of football .. life  goes on .      

Final Thoughts:

Fulton was better than Greeneville.

Greeneville was faster than most teams this year, just not Fulton's. There is no shame in that. Fulton's team is setting scoring records (topped Greeneville's 2010 record tonight) and appears to be a special team. It certainly appears that Greeneville is doing really good to me anyway. In the past 4 years, they have either won the 4A championship or loss to the team who won. And it looks like that will happen again this year.

And to sour Greeneville fans, there is no one in the Greeneville stands who can do better than the current Greeneville Coach. You better hope he doesn't leave.

bvd we don't see eye to eye on this but one thing I know is that we both love the team. With that said, I really don't see how you can say this game was called very well. You could see very early on we weren't going to be taking it up the gut. Why we were trying to run on 3rd and long on drives we were gettin some steam is beyond me. It killed every bit of momentum we had built up when we would get stopped for a yard gain and have to punt. Now, also don't confuse me with a Ballard hater. While I don't think this game was his best work by far, I still love him as our coach and believe he is the man for the job. I can't wait to see what we are bringing next year. He made some mistakes tonight and I am just an upset fan voicing my opinion

Final Thoughts:

Fulton was better than Greeneville.

Greeneville was faster than most teams this year, just not Fulton's. There is no shame in that. Fulton's team is setting scoring records (topped Greeneville's 2010 record tonight) and appears to be a special team. It certainly appears that Greeneville is doing really good to me anyway. In the past 4 years, they have either won the 4A championship or loss to the team who won. And it looks like that will happen again this year.

And to sour Greeneville fans, there is no one in the Greeneville stands who can do better than the current Greeneville Coach. You better hope he doesn't leave.

he wont leave he has too many roots here in greene county and his son is a up and coming QB what else would be cooler than to coach your son whom has grown up knowing Greene Devil Football!

Hats off to fulton they were one step faster than the devils last night congrats on the setting a new scoring record they have around 760 or 770 for the season and could very well go over the 900 mark unreal hope the young man rollins davis gets to play if he does it will be lights out for the rest of the field !

good to meet you tonight photoman, best of luck cruising to Cookeville.....I don't think you got greenevilles best shot tonight and that's not a sore loser talking, that's just how I feel. we killed ourselves all night and it looked like at times our coach or coaches might have out thought themselves a bit. but im not even sure about that one either. I think if we play ten times, you guys probably win 6 times, that's how close I think we really are, Hayes had an aweful night for us and we couldn't get trevor the ball enough......in the end, the better team won the game tonight, so congrats and we'll see you next year.

Yea, greeneville will be back in form next year. There coach going have to make better call next time the play quick teams. Honestly, Greenville squad look like 2010 squad so with that being said I expect greeneville to be back next year. What's everyone thoughts on the Hawkins, Fultons receiver?

bvd we don't see eye to eye on this but one thing I know is that we both love the team. With that said, I really don't see how you can say this game was called very well. You could see very early on we weren't going to be taking it up the gut. Why we were trying to run on 3rd and long on drives we were gettin some steam is beyond me. It killed every bit of momentum we had built up when we would get stopped for a yard gain and have to punt. Now, also don't confuse me with a Ballard hater. While I don't think this game was his best work by far, I still love him as our coach and believe he is the man for the job. I can't wait to see what we are bringing next year. He made some mistakes tonight and I am just an upset fan voicing my opinion

wouldn't trade Caine Ballard or any of the coaches on his staff for anything...... Lost to a better team last night that's it. The staff at Greeneville are great coaches and better men I've have 3 sons play for that staff and don't believe my boys would be where they are without them. ( 2 playing on Saturday 1 MR FOOTBALL)...

So Coach Caine Ballard , Dan Hammonds, Josh Quillen, Cody Baugh, Eddie Spradlin, Brigham Lyons, Andy McCall, Scott Harris, Greg Dykes, Adam Hansel and Big Danny Bentley I LOVE YOU AND WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACKS...... GO BIG GREENE..... You to KOW.....