Humboldt Vikings Vs Union City Tornadoes Rematch

TheTrueViking

Yeah I remember that now. That was Bowlings first year as Head Coach. Coltin Speed was Qb and we moved Josh Nicks to FB. That team was the beginning of our championship run. If we get past Humboldt this week we could make another run at it. We have a huge challenge in front of us even after this week. We must play focused and dig deeper than we have all season.

Well, y'all have a good coach. He has had success in his years there so far.

When UC's offense is run right, it's almost impossible to stop...That's the way it was with Bowling's offense at OC and DBurg....What's different is they have a better defense to go along with it this season....The D is not a 85 Bears type but it's good enough to get more stops than not...UC scored on all 9 possessions vs Bruceton...That's hard to do in practice let alone a playoff game against a 8-3 team....

I will say this, 10 yards for a first down. If your get 4 yds per play by hitting the line of scrimmage and diving forward then you get 12 in 3 downs. Simple math. I mean, that's what I do in NCAA Football on Xbox! Lol

And that's the way we like to do it. Keeps the opposition offense out of the game to. I will take it 4yards at a time or 40 yards at a time. That's the way the veer works. I'm just curious what Bowling hss cooked up for this rematch. He can be clever.

UC beat Humboldt last year with a lesser team and much worse defense at Humboldt, with McLilly...

Not having to play last year's Huntingdon and Dresden offenses and not losing starters(although we did have a linebacker/field goal snapper out last friday) has helped our defense this year.  Our secondary is improving some, but they're still letting receivers slip behind them at times.  If the same defense shows up this friday as last friday, we may have a long night.  We should not have let Bruceton score 28 points on us.  We're going to score our 30+ points this friday, barring no fumbles, so we better keep Humboldt below that.

different team different coaches u can't hang your hat on that

I agree. We will not hang our hat on anything that happened last year lsst month or last week for thst matter. We will prepare for the present. If we can get past the Vikings I believe we can get to Cookeville. It's gonna be a tough road for either team no matter what.