Humboldt Vikings Vs Union City Tornadoes Rematch

TheTrueViking

UC has been very good against the run this season. We haven't played against the athletes like Humboldt has yet but we have done well. We did a good job against Peabody. Even Bruceton had some good athletes in the backfield. I feel like we match up pretty good against the run in this game. You can bet the coaching staff has seen every play the Vikings have run since they changed to the Power I format. I know they were at the LC game and we also had a crew at the Dresden game. It's not the Power I that concerns me. It's the spread that has me taking a second look.

i feel as if this game is going to be one for the ages !!!!! both teams are good and i know some of the players on both ends and they are good friends with eachother but when it comes to game time this buddy buddy thing will come to a stop but after the game sportsmanship will be at a high but i say 34-28 HUMBOLDT

i believe that if union city doesnt put up big numbers 1st half they dont have a chance against humboldt...3games and no one has scored against humboldt the second half 21-34 HUMBOLDT

I tend to agree. We have to get up big in the first half and then battle to the end in the second half. I am expecting Coach Bowling to pull out all stops in this one. He can be very very clever with diferent looks out of the veer and the zone read. I look for some surprises.

Humboldt cant score if Union City has the ball. That's what UC does, run the ball effectively and control the clock. I really think this game comes down to one mistake by either team. One fumble or one int and it's a game changer. I've watched several Viking games before we played them Friday night and I believe they played some of their best football of the year. Union City is playing lights out.

We've got a stupid basketball game Friday, My son will surely understand why I would skip his basketball game to watch this battle, wouldn't he?

Humboldt cant score if Union City has the ball. That's what UC does, run the ball effectively and control the clock. I really think this game comes down to one mistake by either team. One fumble or one int and it's a game changer. I've watched several Viking games before we played them Friday night and I believe they played some of their best football of the year. Union City is playing lights out.

We've got a stupid basketball game Friday, My son will surely understand why I would skip his basketball game to watch this battle, wouldn't he?

I think Humboldt has cancelled their opening basketball game Friday from what I've heard!! Can someone confirm that because Humboldt need all the fans at the game!!

We've played three basketball games with five players cause the rest were playing football. Guess they played very disciplined!!!

Yes, that is a big accomplishment to just have five (5) players but this Friday is Humboldt's first regular season basketball game but hope they cancel it so all fans can come support football team!!

I'm calling this game to be a one TD game in the end and will go with UC to win it. Why? Just my OM intuition and paying attention to what's going on today. Not last week, month.... Today!!

I'll support the winner to go to Cookville from Friday on. But as has been noted to get to the Gold Ball, one must go thru South Pitt (or someone even better than they are) and from experience, THAT is a tall order. Which ever gets to that point will need the A game, Lights Out, Leave it on the field and every other cliché they can find. It is do-able though and I'll support which ever one might get there.

All these posters who are saying one team or the other will win by 2 or 3 scores are simply crazy. This game will be close. To close for comfort. I know most of them are young guys who sre only saying what they hope will happen. Both teams have plenty of weapons and can match each other's scores. As has already been statef " mistakes will decide this game" Fumbles INT's and stupid penalties. You can believe that.

If Humboldt takes advantage of all of it's weapons, UC will witness a totally different team than they previous played.

I'm confused how an honest viewer of these games can actually call the win in UC's favor at this point.

The first meeting went to the wire.  What are you all basing these predictions on.