Quarterfinals: Cleveland @ East Hamiltion

Here are some keys to the actual game all IMO.

• Cleveland is playing very well in all areas. Can they con't to do so? (I think they can)
  • Can Canes reload after an emotional win?
  • Are the Canes healthy? The Ooltewah games was very physical, it was a war....
  • Will the Raiders have a chip on there shoulder, like the Canes did last Friday? IMO Cleveland should have won @ East Hamilton last time, and Canes should have won at Hooterville the 1st time. Canes returned to Hooterville and took the win. Can Cleveland do the same?

These are things that are key IMO.

OK one jab can Cleveland fans stand to attend a game in a stadium that is Red Neck, and pee wee football standard?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is, what was East Hams thought process on building that stadium. Where they not expecting to have a good football program? I dont think money was an issue seeing how nice the school is and all.

The Hamilton County Department of Education puts in the field, and that is it.  No stands, pressbox, bathrooms, concession stands, parking, etc.

We are lucky if they construct the field well with proper drainage, irrigation, etc.

Everything else is up to the boosters.

ohok thanks

We also had to stop raising money for the stadium, till the dollars were raised for the baseball field.The 250k has been gotten for the baseball field. We are now into phase 2 of the stadium, that includes taking the home stands from 800 to 1350, the away side from 400 to 750 and restrooms and concessions. Phase 3 down the road will add fencing around the field, paving the gravel and a maintance building. If there is a phase 4 I have not seen it.

We also had to stop raising money for the stadium, till the dollars were raised for the baseball field.The 250k has been gotten for the baseball field. We are now into phase 2 of the stadium, that includes taking the home stands from 800 to 1350, the away side from 400 to 750 and restrooms and concessions. Phase 3 down the road will add fencing around the field, paving the gravel and a maintance building. If there is a phase 4 I have not seen it.

once its complete sounds like it will be nice

I don't think anybody will take this wrong...... But who are they? If your talking about TSSAA, your smoking crack......... They are not going to cut any checks. As long as I am taking a breath we are not cutting any checks to move any game. If TSSAA wants us to pay to move it, then they cannot have there 50%, nor can they Raiders have there 25%.

Leave it where it is. In 20 years they will be saying remember the nite we played CHS in the playoffs and people were standing 3 4 5 deep around the field. We had no seating then. Build your tradition. The kids deserve it.

Don't let them put a freakin' track around the football field.

OK one jab can Cleveland fans stand to attend a game in a stadium that is Red Neck, and pee wee football standard?

Personally, I don't see it that way at all. I came last time, will come this time, would come if they played it on the lawn at SAU.

I just share the same amazement that a school that size could even consider a visitor side accommodation so small. I'm certainly not faulting the team, the players, the parents/boosters, just scratching my head at it... Especially as it pertains to handling the Ooltewah game, and now the Cleveland game and the playoffs.

It's all good. Play ball!