Clarksville N.E 7-5 @ Gallatin 8-4.... Round 3

runninblind

Williams has to be in the running for Coach of the Year in Class 5A. Same for Shelby.

Station Camp, Hendersonville, and Beech were regarded as the 3 "best" teams in 9-AAA.

Henry County, Rossview, and Kenwood were regarded as the 3 "best" teams in 10-AAA.

Both of these teams are proof of the success you can have in the playoffs if you peak at the right time!

Williams has to be in the running for Coach of the Year in Class 5A. Same for Shelby.

Station Camp, Hendersonville, and Beech were regarded as the 3 "best" teams in 9-AAA.

Henry County, Rossview, and Kenwood were regarded as the 3 "best" teams in 10-AAA.

Both of these teams are proof of the success you can have in the playoffs if you peak at the right time!

Not taking anything away from those guys but if there is such a thing as 5A Coach of the Year and Justin Price doesn't get it then something is seriously wrong....

I will take the Wave 31-28. Per the TSSAA website the first 3 rounds are at the higher seeded team and the semi finals in odd numbered years will be at the team at the top of the bracket which means with a Wave win HC or Ridgeway have to come to the Waveyard. (It shows this in the play off information for schools section) Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Not to take anything away, but neither team has really beat anyone in the playoffs. This quad was way down this year, but one of the teams has to advance.

I don't think either team is a threat to HC.

Not to take anything away, but neither team has really beat anyone in the playoffs. This quad was way down this year, but one of the teams has to advance.

Quad 3 is considered the weakest Quad from top to bottom in 5A as well as 6A. It is the majority opinion, however, any team can get hot and reel off some wins and could win a championship as well. I have seen it multiple times.

To the comment, "neither team has beat anyone", they are both in the 3rd round and are two of the final eight teams in 5A. Seems you are trying to justify why Gallatin is somehow still playing. 

Conquer and prevail... GHS... All Hail!

I will take the Wave 31-28. Per the TSSAA website the first 3 rounds are at the higher seeded team and the semi finals in odd numbered years will be at the team at the top of the bracket which means with a Wave win HC or Ridgeway have to come to the Waveyard. (It shows this in the play off information for schools section) Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct. Great job by Hendersonville Friday. Gutsy! Good luck to all of Sumner County Schools still in the playoffs as well as our close neighbors in TC.

Quad 3 is considered the weakest Quad from top to bottom in 5A as well as 6A. It is the majority opinion, however, any team can get hot and reel off some wins and could win a championship as well. I have seen it multiple times.

To the comment, "neither team has beat anyone", they are both in the 3rd round and are two of the final eight teams in 5A. Seems you are trying to justify why Gallatin is somehow still playing.

Conquer and prevail... GHS... All Hail!

Not a justification. It is certainly an accomplishment regardless. I believe Gallatin gets another win this week and making it to the semi finals is an accomplishment for sure. I just personally think it's more situational than peaking. IMO.

Clarksville NE is a fast team with a big line. No Jalen Reeves-Maybin but, there QB/OLB, Montrell Pardue, will be the best athlete on the field and runs the read option awful well. If you plug in middle, he will take it outside, if you cut off the outside, he will go down the middle.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1648572/montrell-pardue

http://jcgridiron.Unapproved Website/content.asp?CID=1506199

NE can certainly beat Henry Co. They had us on the ropes and are better than their record shows. Gallatin will be a formidable opponent too. This is high school football and anything can happen.

Not a justification. It is certainly an accomplishment regardless. I believe Gallatin gets another win this week and making it to the semi finals is an accomplishment for sure. I just personally think it's more situational than peaking. IMO.

The entire playoff system is situational. You play who is next. Peaking, I sure hope not. The kids are playing together and with a lot of heart. They beat a very good Shelbyville team with a great game plan from coaches and executed to perfection no matter the personal that stepped up when others were out. I counted 3 freshman that played with one now playing a major role.   

Clarksville NE is a fast team with a big line. No Jalen Reeves-Maybin but, there QB/OLB, Montrell Pardue, will be the best athlete on the field and runs the read option awful well. If you plug in middle, he will take it outside, if you cut off the outside, he will go down the middle.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1648572/montrell-pardue

http://jcgridiron.Unapproved Website/content.asp?CID=1506199

Montrell Pardue and Dontavious Fort-Merriweather are both complete studs for Northeast. And yes, they are strong up front. I agree with SEC1rules that the winner of this game will not be a pushover for either Ridgeway or Henry Co. NE led us for almost the entire game when we played. I expect this to come down to Gallatin's run defense and whether or not they can stay fresh throughout the game. The Eagles are not a great passing team and they did not appear to have much in terms of depth when we played.

I don't know enough about Gallatin's team this year to predict the outcome, but I'd love to watch this game if I could.