CPA Basketball

bjl1929

Great!  Hope Drew can land Caleb Hollander for next year.

Coach Maddux is going to need to land somebody for next year- otherwise- Braxton Blackwell is going to be very lonely.  No offense to any of the remaining non seniors- but the pipeline does not appear to be completely full.  Other than Blackwell the others appear to be Howell (who is out now) and Davis.  So it will be interesting to see who is landed to complement Blackwell.  I am sure everyone will be watching and waiting.

Edited by bjl1929

Micah Davis would start for 95% of the teams in the state,he will average 15 or more next season

That is good and I mentioned him- but that won't be enough of a pipeline for Coach Maddux to try and win a four-peat (assuming the three-peat happens).  So, you should prepare for an influx of players.

That is good and I mentioned him- but that won't be enough of a pipeline for Coach Maddux to try and win a four-peat (assuming the three-peat happens).  So, you should prepare for an influx of players.

They definitely will have a challenge next year at the guard position, especially to provide the defense they are known for, and to beat the opponents who have quickness and pressure. They will be really strong up front if Howell plays because they will start Blackwell, Howell and Johnson - all good athletes with big bodies and strong.

Bonds is underrated in terms of how he makes them as good as they are. He will not be replaced, but usually someone steps up and Maddux is a good coach. Look how Dreher and Davis have stepped up this year. I heard someone say Hockaday is a really good basketball player. Maybe he will play his senior year.

One thing for sure - Blackwell will fill a lot of weaknesses.

Krbks,

My answer to your question is you should direct that parent to the headmaster or to Bernard Childress at the TSSAA.

Posting on Coach T and implying wrongdoing is not the correct answer.

That response demonstrates how you and others do not understand the dynamics when you try to involve yourselves in this discussion.  The parent was asking for advice, no idea it was a violation (very common for parents) and when actually told it was a violation the response was "I do not want to get anyone in trouble."  People do not want to get involved for one reason or another, but that does not mean it is not a violation.  The moral of the story there are those who should not get on here blasting others about making false allegations simply because they do not have all the information or the TSSAA does not act or not able to act since there are legitimate reasons.  Don't be confused between "implying wrongdoing" and reporting when the topic comes up.  (Simply view me as a journalist.  :rolleyes: ) 

Just goes to show even when an example is given (which everybody says they want), it is never going to be good enough. 

...Braxton Blackwell is going to be very lonely...

A player like Blackwell is worth 20 wins on his own.

Edited by kbrks

Be fine with me. They used to play most of these. The TSSAA allows private schools to play D1, CPA decided to do that. The TSSAA said that was fine. They accepted the multiplier, accepted the move from 1A to 3A,they accepted placement in District 10, they accepted placement in District 12. Split is coming someday, then everyone who doesn't win will have to find another excuse.

After the pri-pub split, Open Enrollment schools are next...