CPA Basketball

bjl1929

That response demonstrates how you and others do not understand the dynamics when you try to involve yourselves in this discussion.  The parent was asking for advice, no idea it was a violation (very common for parents) and when actually told it was a violation the response was "I do not want to get anyone in trouble."  People do not want to get involved for one reason or another, but that does not mean it is not a violation.  The moral of the story there are those who should not get on here blasting others about making false allegations simply because they do not have all the information or the TSSAA does not act or not able to act since there are legitimate reasons.  Don't be confused between "implying wrongdoing" and reporting when the topic comes up.  (Simply view me as a journalist.  :rolleyes: ) 

Just goes to show even when an example is given (which everybody says they want), it is never going to be good enough. 

A player like Blackwell is worth 20 wins on his own.

A reporter??  LOL!!!

I can give lots of examples of lot of things, but not backing it up with facts that can be openly verified, it means nothing and amounts to hearsay. 

kbrks

"The moral of the story there are those who should not get on here blasting others about making false allegations simply because they do not have all the information or the TSSAA does not act or not able to act since there are legitimate reasons".

If you get on here and accuse falsely, you are exactly the one who should be blasted.  Why should you be held accountable "simply because you do not have all the information" while everyone else has to prove what they allege?  You write in a stream of consciousness.  You write streams and reams of words, but when you break them down into component parts, they are incoherent statements.  Even "Stairway to Heaven" lyrics make more sense than you.

How long has it been since CPA fired you, Brooks??  Nine years??  In that time, have you coached again?  What has this public circus of back-stabbing and hurting others got you?  If anything, you are a crusader FOR CPA.

I wonder if your daughters read what you write here and what they think of dear daddy? 

"Was it Love or was it the idea of being in Love?".

Edited by IceCreamMan

1.  I can give lots of examples of lot of things, but not backing it up with facts that can be openly verified, it means nothing and amounts to hearsay...

2.  If you get on here and accuse falsely, you are exactly the one who should be blasted...

3.  How long has it been since CPA fired you, Brooks??  Nine years??...

4.  I wonder if your daughters read what you write here and what they think of dear daddy?...

1.  As long as the examples are true and based on the truth, no problem.

2.  Agree 100% which is why I am not worried.

3.  It will be 8 years since CPA chose not to renew my contract.

4.  I could give you some true examples, it but it would only be hearsay to you and wouldn't mean anything, now would it. 

But anytime you want to set up a meeting, I can fill in some of those details for you if the truth is really important to you. 

Couldn't agree more, but I think he will continue to get his due this year.

He has a great challenge this Sat. against Quintin Snyder of Ballard, who isone of the top rated guards in the country. Ballard is #1 team in Kentucky and will be a great test for CPA, especially on Ballard's floor. If CPA wins this game, they will move up in the National rankings where they are around 50 now.

Regardless, they need a tough game going into the postseason.

He has a great challenge this Sat. against Quintin Snyder of Ballard, who isone of the top rated guards in the country. Ballard is #1 team in Kentucky and will be a great test for CPA, especially on Ballard's floor. If CPA wins this game, they will move up in the National rankings where they are around 50 now.

Regardless, they need a tough game going into the postseason.

I wish CPA the very best from here on out, but they will not do well on the big stage consistently because of lack of true size underneath.

I wish CPA the very best from here on out, but they will not do well on the big stage consistently because of lack of true size underneath.

I see your point, and they may not be better than Top 50. Some of the teams across the US are in a different league; however, I don't think your assessment of why is correct. The game they play does not require a lot of size underneath and Blackwell is pretty effective against a halfcourt game. They are all about spreading the floor and quick baskets. Lack of size does not hurt them when they can play their game. The game they lost this year was not due to opponent size, but one run in the 2nd quarter where the other team didn't miss a shot and CPA couldn't make a shot. The rest of the game was even.

I'm not saying they are top 20 but when they are on their game, they can compete with the size they have.

A reporter??  LOL!!!

I can give lots of examples of lot of things, but not backing it up with facts that can be openly verified, it means nothing and amounts to hearsay. 

If you get on here and accuse falsely, you are exactly the one who should be blasted.  Why should you be held accountable "simply because you do not have all the information" while everyone else has to prove what they allege?  You write in a stream of consciousness.  You write streams and reams of words, but when you break them down into component parts, they are incoherent statements.  Even "Stairway to Heaven" lyrics make more sense than you.

How long has it been since CPA fired you, Brooks??  Nine years??  In that time, have you coached again?  What has this public circus of back-stabbing and hurting others got you?  If anything, you are a crusader FOR CPA.

I wonder if your daughters read what you write here and what they think of dear daddy? 

"Was it Love or was it the idea of being in Love?".

And this is why the "mission" is such a failure. People that are very obviously CPA supporters who stoop to this level of denigration. Keyboard cowboys.

Classic Psychological study. When a person has nothing logical to say, they resort to name-calling and trying to deflect attention from themselves. Discuss the issues all you want, but when you cross that line the game changes.

Coach Brooks has NEVER hidden his identity on here. And to his credit, neither has Dad1. Of course, niether of them has ever stooped as low as you ICM. Even David Lee Roth would be embarrassed by your statements.

And this is why the "mission" is such a failure. People that are very obviously CPA supporters who stoop to this level of denigration. Keyboard cowboys.

Classic Psychological study. When a person has nothing logical to say, they resort to name-calling and trying to deflect attention from themselves. Discuss the issues all you want, but when you cross that line the game changes.

Coach Brooks has NEVER hidden his identity on here. And to his credit, neither has Dad1. Of course, niether of them has ever stooped as low as you ICM. Even David Lee Roth would be embarrassed by your statements.

Agree 100% bigchief, those who can not represent what they say they believe damages the testimony and fails at the mission.  Yes, "a little leaven leavens the whole lump."  Been trying to make that point myself for quite some time now.  Great phrase "keyboard cowards" who are nothing more than bullies and of course deep down bullies are nothing more than cowards. 

I do not like the tone of ICM's posts and I have stated that before. However, we have to be careful to project an identity on a school based on someone who makes posts on an internet site. ICM, or myself for that matter, are notrepresentatives of CPA, and CPA should not be judged by what people post who claim to be CPA fans.

I am not judging ICM, but a true fan can defend their school without name caling, threats, and hateful comments to others. That is what I try to do. I admit I do not know all of the facts, but I do defend what I personally see and know, and I defend people at CPA who I know are genuinely loving, caring people. They have faults as everybody on these boards do, but they are not what they are often portrayed to be. For example, when their "Christian mission" is laughed at, I would ask those posters who do not have any firsthand knowledge talk to the coaches, band director, and administrators at Stratford, who do have first hand knowledge.

Sorry to ramble. I just wish we could discuss sports, not the sins of others, but even when we drift into disagreement about programs, that we can avoid personal attacks. I don't like KBRK's posts, but they rarely attack a person, and ICM's mention of KBRK's children is uncalled for.

One last thing, if someone wants to disclose their identity on CoachT, I respect that decision. I do not feel it is necessary as long as we speak the truth as we know it, show respect,and do not make personal threats or challenges to others. I can discuss sports anonymously, but to make a threat that way is cowardice.

Anybody want to talk basketball?

krbks,

Here is a post of yours from last year as a response to the statement that you don't post half truths or innuendo or make insinuations. 

jett', on 13 Feb 2012 - 1:09 PM, said:snapback.png

...Also, just an FYI to all of the people who believe Coach Maddux recruits, let me share that Allsmiller, Lindsey, Howell, Blackwell and Richard all played on the same AAU team together since they were 12 years old and they have always want to play HS together...

"A very high order level of thinking for a group of parents, let alone a group of kids, without a coach’s direction or influence."         

I would definitely define the latter statement from you as an insinuation and use of innuendo to imply wrong doing.  You offered no proof of wrong doing just an opinion of wrong doing based on the fact the kids played together and ended up at CPA together.  Yet, many people on here have explained how this happened over a period of several years and the fact these parents knew each other and wanted what CPA had to offer and that they wanted to play together yet you conjectured the coach did something wrong to orchestrate it.  Many people on here have also talked about the 20 other kids from those AAU teams that are very good players that ended up at different places.  Yet, you've never talked about them or gotten statements from them about how they were treated by Coach Maddux. 

Your statement also insults these kids and their parents in that it implies they can't think at a "high order level" and understand what they want for their children on their own without a coaches' improper involvement.  To my knowledge you have never apologized to them.  You may not even realize how insulting and hurtful a statement like that can be. 

You also provide no proof, no names of those willing to testify and corroborate your accusations and stories, you provide no documentation like emails of any sort of a coach doing anything wrong.  Have you even said he did exactly that was wrong that could be defined as "illegal recruiting".  When asked for it your response is generally that no parent wants to get anyone in trouble and we have to accept that as a fact and accept your accusations the coaches did something wrong?  How is that fair and balanced in terms of proof?

Shouldn't you hear the other side of the story from the coach before posting your allegations as a fact?  In this country shouldn't people at CPA be presumed innocent until proven guilty? 

I'm aware of the CPA staff, administration, coaches, and teachers taking very deliberate and painstaking steps over many years to make sure they don't violate TSSAA rules because they know others will think they do and they want to make sure they don't.  I've posted about it numerous times here.  It sounds like you are quick to point out in your past posts that you followed the rules while at CPA.  Why did everyone suddenly change after you left?

Why not comment equally about the positive things coaches, and teachers at CPA do so you can be viewed as having objectivity? 

Without sharing both sides of the conversation, without some sort of proof like a letter or an email....you are insinuating wrongdoing with what I believe to only hearsay evidence.    You have to have some type of proof to make these kinds of allegations and then have them hold up. 

I for one would gladly apologize to you in public and in person if any of your allegations are proven to be true.  I'm not attacking you.  But I am defending good people at CPA that have every intention of following the rules and doing the right things. 

I am questioning your motives after 8 years of consistently alleging wrong doing over and over again without providing proof or saying anything positive about the kids, coaches, teachers or administrators at CPA. 

You compared yourself to a reporter but even a reporter has a responsibility to report both sides of the story objectively. Also, many times reporters will recuse themselves from a story if they have a conflict of interest or even a perceived conflict of interest.  Maybe you should do the same when it comes to anything involving CPA? 

I do wish you peace.  I am praying for you in that I hope one day you will be able to let this stuff go and move on. 

Everything I said is true and you can't hide behind the "personal attacks" line forever.  It gets to the heart of the matter.  It's about stepping up and taking responsibility for your life.  Denigration??  Right.  You're just another hater so keep on hating.  I've read your hateful posts, Mr. Goodpasture.  Why don't you identify yourself?  LOL!!