CPA Basketball

bjl1929

Krbks,

1.  Did you allow non CPA students attend your summer basketball camp?

2.  What if a non CPA kid's parent asked you about attending CPA at camp?

3.  What if they asked you about the basketball program?

4.  I see first hand where Coach Maddux and other CPA coaches are great role models and mentors to kids that will never attend CPA through camps and AAU teams...

5.  I'm just disappointed when people criticize good ones because they win.

6.  ...the innuendo and insinuations you make on here don't tell the real story...your false claims and half truths...

7.  ...It's your choice and right. I just think about...

1.  Yes

2.  More than welcome to attend.

3.  Thank you for your interest, I am not able to talk with you in this setting, but please feel free to set up an appointment through the admissions office to set up an official school visit.

4.  Does not matter how much good is being done, it does not automatically justify all.  Example, I assume you, jett, DAD1, etc., all have done good and have others who would speak highly of each of you, but you will never find Scriptural justification that supports the type of attacking posts (name calling, mocking, judging motives) I have seen each of you do with me and others.  In my scenario, all is forgiven, but it is not like I do not know what people are capable of at CPA.  I know based on what I personally experienced and the testimony of others so no sense in trying to insult my intelligence or attack me based on what I know.  When that happens usually means people are more interested in protecting an image than living in truth. 

5.  Not true of me and there are others this does not apply to.  I simply do not think it is a big deal that multiple transfers with D1 ability come in and win games.  Nothing special to me as a former coach at both HS and college and been around the game a long time.  Don't think it has any business in developing a HS program.  No reason to take it personal. 

6.  You will never be able to produce any of my statements that fall under the category of innuendo, insinuation, false claims, half-truths, etc.  People who know me know I do not operate in that fashion.  I can back up with detail any of my statements. 

7.  I realize I have that choice (something we agree on) and you do not need to think about what I am doing.  I can assure you coachT is not keeping me from life's responsibilities.  Now that I am receiving advice let me return the favor.  Be careful how you post, you are hurting the testimony of the school those times when you and others go on the attack, making it personal.  If you care about the testimony of the school and want to uphold its philosophy then you will need to understand another's perspective, be gracious and humble while the team continues to win under these circumstances.  Do you ever think about that?

I think I have answered all the key points from your rather lengthy post, but you still have not answered mine.  Again, Why would any parent having a son taking private lessons ever ask another adult for advice since the coach at one point kept telling the parent it would be better in terms of his college playing future to attend CPA? Claiming hearsay, is not an answer.  I know what hearsay is and with the numerous similar type questions like these I could ask, I know the details/names.  I am not making reference to anyone who says "I heard" but it is related to those who have been involved and experiences they have been involved in.  And remember, I am not the one who continues to bring it up, I simply respond.  I reply to the idea "success breeds success" or about a "great coach" and get attacked by those who bring it back to this.  Odd...

How about a group with Ezell, Goodpasture, DCA, FRA, Davidson, USN, for example.

Be fine with me. They used to play most of these. The TSSAA allows private schools to play D1, CPA decided to do that. The TSSAA said that was fine. They accepted the multiplier, accepted the move from 1A to 3A,they accepted placement in District 10, they accepted placement in District 12. Split is coming someday, then everyone who doesn't win will have to find another excuse.

Cpa fans...I cant remember his Name but hows the kid who left CPA over the summer and went to another school to play more talent??

If you are talking about Jalen Lindsey who went to Hungington Prep in WV, hehad some injuries before Christmas, but is back now and is one of the top 3 scorers over the last month. He was nominated for the McDonald's All-American team and is going to Providence next year.

He is a fine young man and supports and stays in touch with his old friends at CPA. He pulls for them and we pull for him.

Edited by sportsnerd

Be fine with me. They used to play most of these. The TSSAA allows private schools to play D1, CPA decided to do that. The TSSAA said that was fine. They accepted the multiplier, accepted the move from 1A to 3A,they accepted placement in District 10, they accepted placement in District 12. Split is coming someday, then everyone who doesn't win will have to find another excuse.

They made the large public schools happy when the partial split began but ignored the mid and small ones.

They made the large public schools happy when the partial split began but ignored the mid and small ones.

Maybe true. But not only did CPA not have any input to the TSSAA opinion, there was only 1 (I think) private school representative on the Board that makes these decisions. So, no vote has EVER been swayed by what the private schools have wanted. They get the rules from a TSSAA body and board that is dominated by public school interest and they abide by those rules. Yet, they are the villain.

Question?

I see where you listed 4 players who played on the same team that I assume The CPA players played on . Is this correct?

If correct, then how many of the team played or is now playing at CPA?

If your answer to the previous question is more than one player, then what point are you trying to make by giving stats of other players on the AAU team who EACH PLAY ON A DIFFERENT TEAM!!!

Every time you CPA people try to justify your AAU team as a legit HS program, you dig yourselves deeper. If there was only one player on that team who attends CPA then this would not be the debate it has been for the last 3-4 years. Just like it is not an issue for the 4 teams you mention in your post. They only have ONE player, not several!!!! (not true) Why is this so difficult to understand why others feel there is something not exactly right in this situation?

Hedahe,

Not trying justify any AAU team and don’t feel that there is a need too, especially to you.  My post was simply a second response to questions regarding the CPA players & when they enrolled at CPA and whether they played on the same AAU team.  I was pointing out that there were over 20 players from that AAU team that were playing at other schools and also some very talented players.  I cut & pasted 3 names from the Tennessean from this past Friday’s games showing that they were the high scores in leading there teams to victory.  There are more players on various teams that I have pointed out in previous post, it’s just that the Tennessean usually only list the top scorer.  Brentwood HS has had 3 players on their team this year that were the high scorer for their team and mentioned in the Tennessean (over 20 points in those games) who either played on the AAU team or was given individual lessons by one of the coaches.   BHS has only had one loss this year.  BGA has 3 on their team that has been the high scorer or double figures that were once members of this AAU team.  They have also had only loss one game this year.  Both of the losses for BHS & BGA were to CPA and CPA only had 2 players from this AAU playing against them, the others were still playing football. 

Personally, I don’t care what you think and I know from your previous posts you have made up your mind regarding CPA whether your opinions are based on facts or perception and that will not change no matter what information or facts is presented to you.  I hope CPA fans or supporters are not wasting their time worrying about whether you or other posters “FEEL there is something not exactly rightâ€.   If CPA had only 1 player from this AAU team it would not change your perception. 

Yes, this AAU team you refer to was started by a CPA and an MBA dad, so are you honestly surprised that there are more boys from CPA than say, schools in Murfreesboro, LaVergne, Antioch or other schools around Nashville? 

You and a few other posters are jealous, CPA haters and are trying to find ways and reasons to marginalize CPA’s success.  Believe what you want, say what you want, but it’s not going to change the current CPA team.  Whether these guys came in kindergarten or the 9th grade, really doesn’t matter or change anything.