CPA Basketball

bjl1929

I'm hearing from a lot of fans that they think CPA is better this season despite losing Lindsey and Coleman Spann. Sounds like Paul Adams won't play and Parker Howell is/was going to have his shoulder scoped again and will be out. Not sure how long.

Manuel, Johnson and hopefully Richard will be the only FB players playing.

What happened to Spann?  If Howell plays basketball this year, he may never play football again.

Not a fan but a fan of basketball. I think CPA won't lose this year but these things go in cycles. They will have one of the best players in the country next year but guard play and depth will come into play next year. Coach will have to turn it up unless their district and region can't compete. Also don't know what is coming up with middle school. But to replace all those D-1 players it will be a challenge. What goes around comes around. Pretty simple.

Heard today that Howell and Richard both will return. Johnson and Manuel already playing. They could use another big rebounder inside and Howell would give them that. He has great hands and textbook footwork for a big man. His drop step is very good when he is fed the ball down low.

Richard is a great player. He has started since he was in 9th grade. Didn't play in 10th due to injury. He adds great defense and rebounding. He can score plenty when its needed. Freakish athlete. Ready to see them play with this group.

Watch out AA.

Heard today that Howell and Richard both will return. Johnson and Manuel already playing. They could use another big rebounder inside and Howell would give them that. He has great hands and textbook footwork for a big man. His drop step is very good when he is fed the ball down low.

Richard is a great player. He has started since he was in 9th grade. Didn't play in 10th due to injury. He adds great defense and rebounding. He can score plenty when its needed. Freakish athlete. Ready to see them play with this group.

Watch out AA.

I understand that kids want to play if they can, but Howell's shoulder could be injured again playing basketball and that could wipe out his hope for an injury-free senior season of football next year.  I think he should rehab and strengthen his shoulder for football during the winter and forego basketball.  He said it was "killing him" after the alcoa championship game.

I really think his football and basketball coaches should talk with him about realistic goals and expectations.  Great kid.  Hate to see him miss out on his opportunity for a college ride.

Not a fan but a fan of basketball. I think CPA won't lose this year but these things go in cycles. They will have one of the best players in the country next year but guard play and depth will come into play next year. Coach will have to turn it up unless their district and region can't compete. Also don't know what is coming up with middle school. But to replace all those D-1 players it will be a challenge. What goes around comes around. Pretty simple.

CPA has a loaded 7th grade Class and a 6th grader that would start JV today - you never know what will happen from middle school to high school but the future is very bright with this crew. Also good player coming I next year from 8th grade

Do you know who's coaching the MS boys team this year?

Coach Couey is coaching MS

That MS team, specifically 7th grade, is very good.

I would add there are a number of great athletes/basketball players in the high school that played in the past but are not playing basketball this year because of the lack of playing time on varsity with the large number of seniors. You could see some of those 10th graders go back out next year. They are the kind of kids/athletes that might start at a lot of other schools.

Coach Couey is coaching MS

That MS team, specifically 7th grade, is very good.

I would add there are a number of great athletes/basketball players in the high school that played in the past but are not playing basketball this year because of the lack of playing time on varsity with the large number of seniors. You could see some of those 10th graders go back out next year. They are the kind of kids/athletes that might start at a lot of other schools.

Thanks for the info.  Did you see the Brentwood game?  I'm wondering since B'wood slowed it down to a half court game, if CPA used their half court trap defense at all to try and speed things up.  I know they like to use their 2-2-1 full-court press the entire game, but if teams are scheming to slow the game down, I wonder what Maddux will try.

Edited by IceCreamMan