Club volleyball in knoxville

bigbluevolley

I was checking on both club websites and this is pretty funny. K2 has 2 elite teams for their 18U team and KVA has several double red teams. Parents..Parents...Parents. Don't you understand what is going on here? There is no way both red teams are equal in any age bracket and there's no way the 2 18U elite teams are the same. The one thing that is true though is that all Red teams and all Elite teams at each club are paying the highest price. Parents, you bought into that? Thought you we're smarter than that. I can say one thing about PR. They never tried to take money from their parents. A 2 teams a 2 team is a 2 team all day long. KVA parents , your white team (although they call them red) are paying red team prices. K2 your #2 18U team is paying elite team prices

The "2" teams decided to play a "1" team type of schedule so they pay accordingly. If you will notice on each team, the cost is determined by how many and which tournaments they go to. The team decided that. If a club had 4 teams that thought they were good enough to play the hardest schedule, they should be able to do it.

The wilderness tournament is not real tough.There are a few teams that are worth playing, but most of the weekend is spent dominating until the end.

Club...I know that the price doesn't include travel, but the price of the K2 travel for the girls isn't near what it would be for a family to travel. That's what makes it even.

The 2 teams at K2 still go to the same tournaments no matter if they are called 2 or elite. K2 has one age group with 2 Elite other than that every group is elite and then 2.

The k2 elite should play the KVA Red at the first MEPL. Hopefully!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!! Too bad they don't go to the Wilderness. Kinda stranged why they aren't, but pretty obvious.

The problem with having to pay the extra travel expense for the player is, because the parents have to also pay to travel.  So if the parents go to every tournament, like most do, then they are paying for 1 1/4 of hotel rooms instead of 1 hotel room.  And paying for 2 vehicles to travel their family there instead of just 1.  I dont have a problem with it if the parents are ok with it.  But it is much more expensive than KVA.  If the parents dont travel to the tournament, then yes, it is less expensive than what it would cost for a family to travel.  One of the many reasons most of us parents wanted something different is because of this.  We felt like K2 was taking the "family" out of it.  We want to work as a family through the season, be able to experience the joys, comfort the disappointments, and be a family.  Not just drop our child off on Friday and hope everything goes alright until Sunday night.

Last year, the elite teams went to the MEP and a few different tournament than the 2 teams.  The schedules were quite different. Maybe it is different this year, but I doubt it.

The elite tournament at the wilderness is pretty good but the regular tournament is more like a PR tourny.

Why has Pheonix Rising never went to the wilderness?

KVA isn't going to Wilderness Elite this year because MEP is the same weekend.

K2 is choosing to skip one of the MEP weekends to play in their own tournament.

KVA 16Red #2 team did ask to play the tougher schedule so the cost goes up.

K2 18Red #2 team is made up of all the 18 year olds that have never been a high priority. They made them Elite to try and make them happy (didn't totally work) but PhillyA is right they would've played the same tournament schedule as the Elite team anyway even if they were named a 2 team, just wouldn't have been required to pay the extra player only travel fee. But now that they are Elite titled they will have to pay extra. Most on the 18 Elite #1 team are 17year olds.

Well, feb 1st weekend is a wilderness tournament too. So KVA could have sent their teams to that. Like Knoxdoyles says though "they would rather send their young teams to Nashville Alliance tournament than give K2 any money".

I thought KVA was started through love not hatred towards your fellow man. It wasn't that coach Dave hated K2 was it? That's not what he has been preaching. Knoxdoyles, you tell the truth. Now that's what it's all about. Don't hide behind behind any other reasons. Just tell the truth. You're respected more when you tell the truth more than when you don't.

I'm not saying KVA is wrong for not going to any of the wilderness tournaments. I would do the same thing. The difference is, I (like you knoxdoyles) would tell the truth from the beginning. We all know why KVA was started (which is fine) but don't hide behind the "Godly" reason when the reason isn't "Godly" at all.

Thanks KD (knoxdoyles) for telling it like it really is. No hard feelings, you're just telling the truth and I respect that.