Overton's Terry Anderson retires

workinprogress

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McPhail did come just to be an assistant. He wanted to be an assistant and have time to watch his two sons play. Don't have to ask I know him well. Now that Anderson has retired sure he wants it.

He wanted to come to Overton because he knew Anderson would not be there much longer and he wanted a good shot at the job when he left. 

He wanted to come to Overton because he knew Anderson would not be there much longer and he wanted a good shot at the job when he left. 

I am sure It crossed both of their minds that Terry was close to retiring so why not align myself in the same school. I get a chance to work with a good coach in a good school and when he gets out out maybe I can take his place. I do not know if either were told and I highly doubt they were that they would be next coach. metro does not work that way. Principals in metro never show their hand, but I still think they have an idea who they want.

Run I'm sure it crossed their minds. I know it was in macs mind and by being in the school he thought he would have a better shot. I also know that when he was hired he just wanted to be a good assistant and watch his sons play. Can't blame him for that. I also know neither was promised anything at all except the same thing everybody else is promised, an opportunity to teach and coach. Nothing promised as far as the next head coach.

Both knew Anderson had well over thirty years in. But run you and I both know he has thought about retiring or going elsewhere and never did. Heck he could have been on a staff with you, smitty,and Mose and chose to stay. And you and I both know that if a certain situation comes up he will be back on a field.

If he knew that then he knew more than I did. Hahaha.

Now THAT's HILARIOUS!!

This is fun reading.  Kinda nice being on the outside looking in.  Knowing all these coaches and the Overton administration as well as I do I find it quite humorous reading some of the ABSURD "truth"  and "fact" that has been tossed out for general consumption in this turd pile.  Basically only two of the posters who have been on this thread have a shred of a clue about whats going on.  Figure out who they are and you will get your info accurate and up to date.

Now THAT's HILARIOUS!!

This is fun reading.  Kinda nice being on the outside looking in.  Knowing all these coaches and the Overton administration as well as I do I find it quite humorous reading some of the ABSURD "truth"  and "fact" that has been tossed out for general consumption in this turd pile.  Basically only two of the posters who have been on this thread have a shred of a clue about whats going on.  Figure out who they are and you will get your info accurate and up to date.

Truth is nobody knows  what is going on. I am certain of that.

Only one person really has great knowledge of the goings on and he is not on these boards, Dr. Pelham. Other than that there are a lot of good rumors and such floating around. Many sides of the story here but deadly is right, only a couple of posters know some of what is really happening. And one of them is obviously stirring the pot a little.

True enough we are all just throwing out the things we have heard or speculate but this is what makes the whole process fun while we wait for the actual outcome... Other than the season I enjoy this part the most because it's a whole lot of debating on some stuff we can't control lol.. It would really be great if we could find out who is who and we all have a sit down and pick each other's brains about their quotes