Overton's Terry Anderson retires

workinprogress

Metro will once again hire another Metro coach to swap schools and take over a new program.  This will lead to a search at McGavock that likely won't be filled until the first of April.  The coach will either be a current Metro head coach, an assistant on the staff, or some NFL name with little to no coaching experience.  The majority of Metro searches takes months to fill and seem to rarely be filled by coaches outside of the system.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This hire has me thinking. I know coach Anderson very well and what has made him a very coach is not just his knowledge of football,but his ability to coach in metro. I think there are intangibles more important than X's and O's. It is going to be interesting who gets this job and their ability to coach in metro. I am not sure every applicant has the qualities needed. I am sure they all know enough football .

Edited by runtheball

Run sounds like the chat we had Saturday. Haha. Hogan and brooklynn Fitzgerald is a good coach and person. I've known him for years and me and buck used to run around on the field together. He does a great job with his foundation and helping kids. However, if you look at his last stop at SCA there was nothing but bad press. Whether it was warranted or not doesn't matter. SCA was accused multiple times by multiple people of recruiting. It was a charter school so no real rules broken there. The school was closed because of test scores. You have a coach and staff that have never once given anyone something negative to say to the press. Do you really want to bring in a coach that might do that? Some might even say it is a conflict of interest to have a leader of that type of foundation as a head coach. You know the kids are going to want to play for him and then you'll get the recruiting buzz. Again whether it is warranted or not I don't think Overton should go in that direction. We should see tomorrow or Wednesday.