Semi-Final UNION CITY VS. NCS

JDOGG80

no its not, if the d end crashes because he will be the unblocked read, it will force the qb to keep it. which will allow all the lb to be free.

Its called zone blocking, the d-end crashes in and the tackle gets him and the guard and center double team the d-tackle, then the guard peels off and hits the linebacker. The lb are never free with the veer! Edited by wildcat89

Bigdan you are entitled to post your opinions anyway you want to on the T and so am I. It's the simple fact that your team is no where near to playing in this game so you are posting insulting crap about a game you could only dream of watching your team play in. To me you are irrelevant. As far as my way of talking to the NCS fans and posters it's very simple. They have my respect. You may not understand the concept. So I will explain it to you. This is how MEN talk to one another. Men who know what it is like to make it to this level. To watch kids that they have had a part in helping get here. This group of junoirs and sophmores were the first group og kids to play in our Jr. Tornado program. I have been there from the beginning along with other UC posters. So forgive for considering someone who is not invested in this game a troll. Because that's all you are doing. Trolling this thread . Get behind your Houston County boys and invest yohr time in them the way many of us who posted on this thread have and then we will talk.

Swo, thanks a lot for clearing that up with our problem child. When I saw his comment, I thought immediately it wasn't worth responding to. If saying we need to go to christian mingle, I will gladly take that as a compliment.

Go eagles!!!

I am s christain myself and also take the compliment. Even though he didn't intend for it to be so. I resisted responding to this as well. However in the end I felt like bigdan needed to have some things explained to him. I don't think he will get it though.

no its not, if the d end crashes because he will be the unblocked read, it will force the qb to keep it. which will allow all the lb to be free.

Monkey Wrench you sound very well versed on how to defend the veer. It all sounds very simple. Stay with your assignments. Don't get sucked in on the firs t feed to the fb. Lbs fill in the gaps. On and on it goes. The design sounds rock solid until you are facing a team full of players who have been running this offense fot the past 3 years. Players who are being coached by a man who has 15 years plus running the midline veer. A coach who has had every defensive skeem under the sun thrown at him. A coach who calls every offensive play from the sidelines. Add to that a tough physical offensive line with a qb who knows his reads very well and has 3 backs behind him who can take it to the house on any play. Then you must account for thr wideouts streaking down the sidelines with great hands ready for the qb to let go of the football for a long gain. Then when you have all that covered the qb tucks anf runs with its. Oh .... that's the first play of the game. You better get lined up quick because we do not huddle. We call every play from the line of scrimmage. Not so easy.

C a l preps believes this is going to be a great game too. Slight edge to NCS because of home field, but this game is going to be decided by special teams play IMO. Might even come down to a last second field goal.

Friday, November 29th

1A PLAYOFFS

Union City (TN) at Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN)  

[projection: Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 28-27]

South Pittsburg (TN) at Coalfield (TN)   

[projection: South Pittsburg (TN) 31-17]

Last Week's C A L preps:

Friday, November 22nd

1A PLAYOFFS

Coalfield (TN) 34 Midway (Kingston, TN) 0   [projection: Coalfield (TN) 28-20]

Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 49 Columbia Academy 21

[projection: Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 44-21]

South Pittsburg (TN) 49 Fayetteville (TN) 0  

[projection: South Pittsburg (TN) 42-13]

Union City (TN) 10 Humboldt (TN) 6   [projection: Union City (TN) 31-14]

Edited by kenmynattcpa

My 3 cents worth.  First, the Veer.  Many of you have made points on how hard it is to sometimes stop the veer.  Most of you are right....   What these folks who have never seen the veer this season, it could be very very hard to stop. ....On the other hand, NCA has their offense also.  Union City may get it handed to them this coming Friday night but you WILL have to stop the Veer.  Union City is 12 - 1 coming into this game with Nashville which means Union City has one loss and the team that beat them "didn't " stop the Veer...Union City had 9 fumbles and beat themselves.  That was at the end of August.  Since then, Union City has reeled 12 straight victories off with the veer.  2 of those wins were against the former #1 team and unbeaten and then again last week....they couldn't stop the veer.  The teams we play both 1 and 2 A teams in regular season, they see us run the same plays over and over, year after year and they really have not been able to stop the Veer.  You have to have the right kids to run it...the right Q B.  We have that this year...just like we did in 2009 when we won the state.  Not going to say you won't stop it, just going to say that 6 days doesn't give you very much time to prepare for a team that runs the veer to almost perfection.  If we are on...and our defense is anywhere like it was against Bruceton and last week against Humboldt....it could be a long night.  Our main back has over 1800 yards...he is just one.  Our Q B...he has right at 1000 yards....We have 3 other guys who figure in on our runs.  Mix our passing game in....you have a tough week of practice ahead.

Edited by ucdiditagain

Oh I forgot to add that you have to try and duplicate all of this in practice with players who have no experience running the veer. Players from the scout team who are not at the level of the team you are preparing to play. It is very difficult to cover everything that this offense, when run properly can do to you. UC runs the veer to near perfection.

Big Swo how does this years UC team compare to last years Huntingdon team running the ball? Do they have a back that would compare with Huntingdon qb last last year?

I can answer that.....Union City has a pretty darn good Q B who knows his reads very well.  Union City has a very strong line who open the hole and they have a mighty fine back in #42 ( Henry ).  They run other things that mixes in with the Veer also.  The Q B will get his yards silently.  Just ask Humboldt.  He didn't factor running the ball to late in the game when when things started to open up....he had lots to do with both wins verse Humboldt as well as other games.  He has 1000 yards or very close to it.  We have 3 Seniors....that's it.  All skilled players coming back.  Hope this helps and bigswo will prob explain it better.....he is very good at that.