Semi-Final UNION CITY VS. NCS

JDOGG80

I am sure my boys will eat lots of leftovers, but my boys won't be playing football friday, they will prob be sitting in a tree somewhere waiting on supper to walk by, like they have been every year.  NCS not my team, read further back.  I just think they will win.  Would prob pull for UC if it wouldnt make me eat crow on here.  I  might just drive up for this one

Aww come on bigdan, go to the game and pull for UC. If you have to eat crow,myself and a buddy of mine have a number of great recipes that will suffice well. But we ain't sharing it with the NCS folks. They can eat their crow cold and raw. LOL

If you've never eaten at Jim 'n Nick's Bar-B-Q (7004 Charlotte Pike), it's one of the best places close to the school.  It's an upscale BBQ place if that makes sense.

Over here in the area where myself and Swo live (different towns) the words upscale and BBQ don't ever appear in the same sentence!!!! LOL

Actually, even the same paragraph!! But we do have some good BBQ around here. I'm bettin' that Swo will be sniffing it out Friday though.

Edited by duckman38201

Maybe...after watching Peabody doesn't look like many teams have good offenses....

That's pretty easy to say and if one watches NCS's video it would be easy to say their opponents had ZERO defense too. First, I'm not saying that. Second, you don't have a clue about UC's opponents this season either.

I expect this to be a very good game and I hope it's injury free and fans travels are safe and memorable. Get it done UC. Swo, you know I got your 6. NOT that you really need it!!! LOL

Another change for the good that appears to be happening this year is that we vary our defensive scheme somewhat from game to game.  We don't seem to be quite so dead set on running the 4-3 no matter the cost.  Every now and then we'll put another lineman in the mix.  We still need some work on covering the receivers, although we are grabbing a few INT's.

Wow I haven't been able to post much today and I get on here and find some more of our west tn posters taking up for UC. Thanks duck and kriskringle whachcallit dude. I am making an observation here and that is that all of the most boastful post are coming from posters of other teams. Me and the NCSdads and eagle aren't saying one team is going to beat the other. We have mentioned what we like to do and our strong points but none of us are making any strong statements. Of course we believe in our kids and stand behind them but I think we know this is gonna be a hard fought game. NCS will be the best team we will have played this season. No doubt they are the best coached. Keys to a UC victory.

1 Ball control

UC must have long time consuming drives thar end in scores. Keep that NCS scring machine sidelined.

2. Limit mistakes

No fumbles no stupid penalties that stall or end drives

3. COMPETE AND PLAY PHYSICal

UC must give 100% on each play . Can not have a let down at any point. We must physically impose our will on

The Eagles and make them play our game.

If we can do these things we can win.

Okay I know all of this is very cliche but it is also very true. So before you outside posters start taking your shots ........I already know.

Edited by BigSwo

Wow I haven't been able to post much today and I get on here and find some more of our west tn posters taking up for UC. Thanks duck and kriskringle whachcallit dude. I am making an observation here and that is that all of the most boastful post are coming from posters of other teams. Me and the NCSdads and eagle aren't saying one team is going to beat the other. We have mentioned what we like to do and our strong points but none of us are making any strong statements. Of course we believe in our kids and stand behind them but I think we know this is gonna be a hard fought game. NCS will be the best team we will have played this season. No doubt they are the best coached. Keys to a UC victory.

1 Ball control

UC must have long time consuming drives thar end in scores. Keep that NCS scring machine sidelined.

2. Limit mistakes

No fumbles no stupid penalties that stall or end drives

3. COMPETE AND PLAY PHYSICal

UC must give 100% on each play . Can not have a let down at any point. We must physically impose our will on

The Eagles and make them play our game.

If we can do these things we can win.

Okay I know all of this is very cliche but it is also very true. So before you outside posters start taking your shots ........I already know.

Great post!

what's going Swo, I would agree that most of observations for friday's night game would bold well for any team. However, since i've never seen UC play, I can say that NC can milk the clock if they have to as well.  Unfortunately, I can't remember one game this year where we didn't get a personal foul called on us. I just hope our kids don't do it friday night against a team that will take advantage of a senseless penalty. If we somehow would have to become one dimentional, it's going to be a long night. I don't care how good any team can throw a football down the field. If you can't run the rock, you can't win. Now with scoring points off turnovers, I can only recall us not capitalizing one time, and that was against East Nash. Make sure you guys bundle up because NCS sits down off in the country in west nashville. It's going to be a cold, cold night for football. Make sure you UC fans be safe coming and going. Go Eagles!!

Looks like sadly I will have to listen on the radio don't have the money to head to Nashville for this game. But I pray for a injury free game for both teams and for our fans to travel safely going and coming and hope UC can get the W.

I hate to hear that my friend. If I were going to be on this end of the state on Friday you could ride with me. I will be in Dunlap Tn for Thanksgiving. I know you will be there in spirit. GO TORNADOES.

Union City's schedule was the toughest it has been in a long time....Huntingdon, Dresden, & Trenton Peabody on the road....Humboldt 2 times...They are battle tested and won't back down from their next challenge...I have seen every football game over the years that UC has played in Middle Tennessee..Not to take anything away from NCS, but I do not see a White House or a Portland brand of football there from the 1990's...We will travel well, (probably more fans on the road than at home last week), that is sad, but the truth!

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, I am smoking a Turkey breast, have a safe trip up I-40..and lets pray no one is injured and we survive another round of football...I see Cookeville in our future!!

Edited by Switchhitter