Ricky Bowers Ejected

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

The Fox video shows the tail end of the confrontation, but it does not show the heart of why Bowers was ejected. Our video captures much more of the confrontation. The footage shows physical contact initiated by the ref but reciprocated by Bowers. While it is ultimately inconclusive, it suggests that the official was a hothead and Bowers did not respond well at all to his behavior.

Edited by WesVLT

Wow , unreal just from seeing that it was pretty obvious the Ref was wanting a confrontation . If there's no other Footage out there that shows Coach Bowers being a lot more aggressive than that the ref should be the one suspended . 

Can anyone explain to me what Happened to Bowers and why he got ejected? Will he be there for the Champ game?

Custer

Nobody knows.  A lot of us have watched several videos.  Some have "turned up the volume" in an attempt to hear what was said.  WesVLT's video has some important views that are obstructed by the "bar" at the bottom of the screen.  I think the consensus is that Bowers was naturally agitated at the "flagrant foul" by Barnett but did not appear to be hostile or confrontational - unlike the ref(s).  Why would he be?  The game was over.  EHS had won.

I have ZERO idea about Coach Wade.  I don't know what he looks like so I could not "find" him in the videos.   The entire officiating crew seemed to be overreacting in varying degrees - moving, blocking, grabbing, pushing -  to prevent a melee between players/coaches/fans that did not even appear to be materializing.

Perhaps the most puzzling thing is the timing.  The game had been over long enough for the players to have settled down and be doing the midfield handshakes when the ref "ejects" Bowers.  Have no idea how the ref's "jurisdiction" extends to that point. 

There was a lot of emotion after this game and a lot during as well. Ricky was trying to make it over to shake hands with Clay Whitehurst who is on the BA coaching staff . Can clearly see him in the video.

Refs in my opinion were reacting to a highly emotional game where there were a lot of penalties against Ensworth at crucial times ... Many of them legit but more than likely they created an atmosphere where the Ensworth coaches had words with the officials during the game.

Ricky did nothing wrong and I am positive this will come out when they review the film and talk to the coaches

Wow , unreal just from seeing that it was pretty obvious the Ref was wanting a confrontation . If there's no other Footage out there that shows Coach Bowers being a lot more aggressive than that the ref should be the one suspended .

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

How do you know Ricky did nothing wrong? How do know what he or Wade said to officials during the game? The rules say that both he and Wade will have to sit the next game but here is where the private school ran TSSAA will I am sure come up with some type of extenuating circumstances that will allow him to coach. If this were a inner city school coach they would throw the book at him. No sympathy here, treat him just like everyone else, no better or worse.

...but here is where the private school ran TSSAA will I am sure come up with some type of extenuating circumstances that will allow him to coach...

Huh?  "Private school ran [sic]"?  Do you realize that there is no private school representation on the Board of Control...that the TSSAA relegates the DII title games to the worst days/time slots of the week...that the multiplier the TSSAA assigns to Division I private schools is one of the most penal in the country?  The TSSAA is the farthest thing from pro-private school. It's not even debatable.

• Upvote 1

The T$$AA treats D2 as the 'READHEADED STEPCHILD" at every turn.  D2-AA has the best division in Tennessee high school football but they must play for a state championship in Cookeville, TN on a Thursday evening after taking a week off.  It is apparent that the T$$AA does not assign the best officials to the D2 games and sticks it to the D2 schools at every possible turn.  All Tennessee private schools need to take their money and form a private school association.  Hire the best possible people to run the association and make it a class organization that is the envy of the nation. 

AMEN!