Semi-Finals: Cleveland @ West

Home attendance is up.  Visitors attendance was disappointing this year.  We have traveled well this year as well.  The fact that it is a holiday and it will be cold will affect it some. I still feel that there will be a good crowd.  It should be a great game and this is a first for West as was stated earlier. As for gloating I have not seen much this year from our fans or our team.  This team is very workman like and have been pretty good at staying focused on the task at hand.  We know what it is like to get this far but have never taken that next step.  I like our chances because of it being played at home but know it will be a battle as all games this far into the playoffs are. 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home attendance is up. Visitors attendance was disappointing this year. We have traveled well this year as well. The fact that it is a holiday and it will be cold will affect it some. I still feel that there will be a good crowd. It should be a great game and this is a first for West as was stated earlier. As for gloating I have not seen much this year from our fans or our team. This team is very workman like and have been pretty good at staying focused on the task at hand. We know what it is like to get this far but have never taken that next step. I like our chances because of it being played at home but know it will be a battle as all games this far into the playoffs are.

Agree completely about the team! They have talent but there is no egos on this team and they are a very blue collar like team. They are fun to watch and u can tell they love playing football and don't want the season to end.

Cleveland well have to play their best game to beat west. That west team has some dawgs. I just hope we can keep it close to have a shot at the end. If not it could get ugly. West can out up points quick

I will be very surprised if West jumps out to a big lead like the first game. The first game was very sloppy on both sides but it was September when they played. Both teams are peaking right now and will lay it out there to get to state! I think both teams have to play their best to win.

Edited by WestHigh4Life

I will be very surprised if West jumps out to a big lead like the first game. The first game was very sloppy on both sides but it was September when they played. Both teams are peaking right now and will lay it out there to get to state! I think both teams have to play their best to win.

I expect to see 2 teams play their hearts out and lay it all on the line. West is a 5a power whom wants to get their 1st ring. Cleveland is back to being a top team. Both teams havre alot to prove. Special kids on both teams. On film what has impressed me about west is how fast and skilled they are. Alot of athletes. Their will be a ton of athletes on the field friday night for both teams.

I did not expect Cleveland to make it this far when the season started, knew they would be good, but not this good. After the 1st game I wasn't sure how the season would go. The past 5 or so weeks a lot of posters have doubted the Raiders, so it feels even better week after week of them advancing. I hope they win state, but win or lose Friday night these guys are champions.

fooseball, I coached against your team in 93-94 at Cleveland in the playoffs.  Remember it well, the Cobb twins.  That was a fine football team.

Dead End BBQ is really good, the pizza place in the strip mall across from the school is called Davinci's and it is awesome too.  Both can dish a fine meal and a cold beverage and you can park at West and walk to either. 

fooseball, I coached against your team in 93-94 at Cleveland in the playoffs. Remember it well, the Cobb twins. That was a fine football team.

Dead End BBQ is really good, the pizza place in the strip mall across from the school is called Davinci's and it is awesome too. Both can dish a fine meal and a cold beverage and you can park at West and walk to either.

ORidgeKat what's ur thoughts on the game this Friday?

fooseball, I coached against your team in 93-94 at Cleveland in the playoffs. Remember it well, the Cobb twins. That was a fine football team.

Dead End BBQ is really good, the pizza place in the strip mall across from the school is called Davinci's and it is awesome too. Both can dish a fine meal and a cold beverage and you can park at West and walk to either.

oridgecat where did u coach? Yes I have alot of memories while being a raider. Still very good friends with the cobb boys. Kevin has a son in middle school, watch out. For him in a few years. Out of the 3 state teams, the 93 team was the best.Arguably could be one of the best tssaa history (although im biased) thanks on the dining info. The bbq sounds good