Halls 2014

Space3

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has been Halls record since that time?

If it's any Consolation We do miss that Rivalry we had in the 90's with you guys , hard to believe now but you guys were a Beast every year . Only Scott Meadows could water a field better too !! lol  , Na Serious I remember I guess it was 1997 Maryville coming back in the last minute or two with David Sweetland and Toki Mcray !!

Halls has had some tough, rugged teams through the years. Remember many a battle they had with OR in regular season games and scrimmages. A name i remember fondly from the glory days of HHS football was Newley Wayland. Kid wore goggles and was a good little RB. Me and my dad always laughed at that name and how he looked lol. Ol Newley. Any of you Halls fans remember him?

Halls has had some tough, rugged teams through the years. Remember many a battle they had with OR in regular season games and scrimmages. A name i remember fondly from the glory days of HHS football was Newley Wayland. Kid wore goggles and was a good little RB. Me and my dad always laughed at that name and how he looked lol. Ol Newley. Any of you Halls fans remember him?

Newly is still around.  He worked as an assistant for the Halls basketball team over the past few years.  Not sure if he still is or not. 

Terrific young man from a really good family. 

I remember Halls drilling Maryville's eyeballs shut in 1996. I think the score was 33-7 but it should have been worse. Halls fumbled 4 times inside Maryville's 20 yard line. I remember a RB named Preston Teague running for 200 plus against Maryville.  Halls also beat Maryville in 1993,1994 and 2000. Even when Maryville had great teams in 1997,1998 and 2001 the games with Halls were close. Can't remember when Gary Shepard left Halls. Halls hasn't been the same since Shepard left.

RebRon, I remember Teague. He was a really good RB. Halls always had tough, strong, mean linemen, and would hit you hard as crap on defense. You're exactly right about Sheppard. When he left it all went downhill, fast.

Sheppard always schemed GQ well. You are right about Halls. They used to be big strong and tough. Those early 90's Halls teams out toughed Maryville big time.

I have always wondered what happened to Sheppard? Larry Kerr also had some very tough teams in the 80's with the Red Devils.

Coach Shepard left Halls to go back to Clarksville, where he was the headmaster and football coach at Clarksville Academy for several years.  After that gig ended he was an assistant coach at Austin Peay for several years, and he and his family operate a steak house in downtown Clarksville. 

While he was at Austin Peay he recruited the Knoxville area. 

Good football coach.  Good guy. 

Just for you erell38....

Space do not let erell deceive you, he is not a Halls fan nor is he a fan of district 3 as he proclaims. He is in love with the twins at Campbell County, but that is the only love he truly has for district 3.

Isn't that right erell?

Edited by endofbcs