Karns Hire

jammin01

We all just don't understand the season as been over for five weeks at Karns, no communication on what is going on what they are looking for, why the team is not being worked out, what is the direction, its pretty sad that there as been no communication on any of these things to parents, as one post said losing weight training and really just any type of excitement you may have to get kids working for next year. I don't think the community realing cares that's why there has not been anyone asking questions, if you had this going on at allot of other schools folks would be out for blood but, at Karns we just say there is a process, we follow all the processes other then building a winning program.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea that is what we need is the guy he hired after getting rid of Helton, the AD at Central is the old AD from Karns, so that would make sense for us to hire a guy that couldn't win games with more talent then Karns has and was fired just one year in with the new AD, this makes PERFECT KARNS SENSE.

Because I have been in the coaching business for over 25 years, please accept the fact that Karns is a very tough job for anyone to take.  It has many schools in the area that take many of its athletes that would normally be zoned to Karns.  It has another problem of not having a fieldhouse or outside facility to dress/lift weights.  It is hard to attract young players and their parents without some amenities.  I personally know both Mr. Sheets at Karns and Mr. Lambert at Central.  Both are football smart and most of all people smart.  I am sure that both want the best possible coach and leader for their football teams.  I saw both teams play this year and even when they played each other and yes it is true that both could be better coached.  But is that position coaching or head coaching.  As a head coach, we like to thank that our position coaches are good at their job.  Not always the case which creates another problem.  All nice guys cant coach.  All good coaches are not nice guys.  Lets just see what both are able to hire and we can start a new wave of criticism.. 

Interesting observations about both Athletic Directors. Considering each one fired the coach the other hired.

Not necessarily true.  The AD is charged with administering athletics at a given school, but the bottom line decision on replacing a coach is made by the Principal.  Some Principals rely on the AD for input and some don't, but the decision is made by the Principal.

Not necessarily true but in this case I think it is. Especially with Mr. Sheets no one tells him what to do. Ask the cheerleading sponsor at Central. But you are correct the principal can trump the AD is he wishes.

Not going to get in to a pissing contest with you, but the Principal trumps the AD, who is an assistant principal, EVERY single time in Knox County.  The Principal has the final decision of who to have vetted for approval by KCS HR. 

I agreed that he/she has that option but it is not always the case. Many principals focus solely on academics and rubber stamp AD decisions. Knowin Mr Sheets and his history at Central IMO this will be his call and principal will rubber stamp his call. Not a pissing contest just more familiar with the inside workings of how a school administration in Knox county works.