Where Should The State Championship Games Be Played

RegisP90X

I believe this discussion will be settled once and for all if and when the Titans and Nashville tax payers build a retractable roof stadium to replace LP in a few years. Whoever Nashville has as mayor next will want and push this to be able to get a Super Bowl. It would be a very visible "achievement" to get the Super Bowl and help their chances to be governor...just like Bredeson. High School football would benefit as a byproduct.

That's funny , With the taxpayers already footing a 40 million a yr for the pitiful Titans, then who in their right mind would build another stadium at a much larger cost to the taxpayers for the rich to enjoy. If any money is needed for another stadium, then maybe the money hungry owners should foot the bill, not the common man that can't afford to go. Or cut the salaries of the poor excuse for a pro team and build it.

That's funny , With the taxpayers already footing a 40 million a yr for the pitiful Titans, then who in their right mind would build another stadium at a much larger cost to the taxpayers for the rich to enjoy. If any money is needed for another stadium, then maybe the money hungry owners should foot the bill, not the common man that can't afford to go. Or cut the salaries of the poor excuse for a pro team and build it.

I say Nashville preferrably Titans or Vandy, however even though itd be a pain for teams in the west Neyland stadium always sounds good other than that I think it should be in the middle cause of traveling.  You teams wanting it in Chat or cookeville which is where it is now would have a fit if it was in jackson tn or memphis tn just sayin

I just saw where the Missouri state championships are held in St. Louis which isn't centrally located. The only place in the East I would be willing to make the exception for is Neyland though. I wish the Titans had turf as LP field would really be the ideal place to have this game.

anywhere on Grass NOT turf.injuries-injuries-injuries....thats all turf is good for.Central Tn. will always b the best but Beene Stadium/Grider Field would be great for us but makes no sense for any other team.

Nothing humorous here. You build it because of what it brings to you. For example, do you think the Preds would be playing in Municipal Auditorium? I understand your point as far as citizens of Nashville paying for a new stadium and I agree that they shouldn't pay for the majority. In a perfect world out of towners would, ownership would, corporate sponsors would. Nissan is a big deal in TN. Wouldn't you think they would like to thier name plastered all over all over a stadium during a Super Bowl? Maybe that last one is far fetched, maybe not. I'm sure LP would like their name out there like that too. Regardless of the current burden on taxpayers, I don't think it's a long shot that a new stadium is something that will be coming within the next 20 years.