District 9AAA

BigBoy10

Mt. Juliet won easily with excellent defense by forcing lots of turnovers and limiting Centrals shooters from barely taking any shots. Mt. Juliet's size and experience is just too much for the rest of the district it appears. Hendersonville hung close because they shot 80% from three point range that night. My guess is that kind of performance won't happen again. I've seen potential Region and sub-state opponents in Rossview and Brentwood play and not sure that they can handle Mount Juliet's attack either. Potentially, The next meaningful game the Lady Bears will play is the Region championship against Rossview, the sub-state  against region 6 runner-up Brentwood and then into the States. it's not hard to see that scenario playing out because no one in region 6 is going to beat Dickson County either.

I agree.  Mt Juliet cruises into the state tournament but gets eliminated in short fashion at the state level.  District 9AAA is weak for sure.

I agree.  Mt Juliet cruises into the state tournament but gets eliminated in short fashion at the state level.  District 9AAA is weak for sure.

So you are saying 10AAA is weak also? I saw Rossview play at Gallatin but that was early and Gallatin isn't very good. 

Edited by BigBoy10

I have not seen any 10AAA games. Just 9AAA and 7AAA.

The WC and MJ game was kinda eye opening to some folks. MJ has a recent history, credit to Chris, of being a strong contender and that's just not the case this season. Losing the quality they lost would affect any program but it seems they will take a few steps back these next 3-4 years unless they get transfers to help.

Edited by Playerscoach

• 2 weeks later...

I think you would find out Mt Juliet is one of the most successful girls programs over the past 15 years in the State. As long as Chris Fryer is the coach the trend will continue.

Chris has consistently done a great job but the lack of upper tier talent in the MS will make it very tough on him. Unless, like I said above, he gets the transfers he's gotten these last few years. Maybe Rick will continue to coach them up before they get to HS?

I guess I need to step in here with this hilarious poster. Dude, who are you - Bud? As I say, play the game...critiquing the Lady Bears as being under served to other years considering the record they have now, and more than likely (but play the game) hitting the Glass House... Whoever YOU support - let's hear your record, coaching, etc....

Go Lady Bears ! Unapologeticly

I guess I need to step in here with this hilarious poster. Dude, who are you - Bud? As I say, play the game...critiquing the Lady Bears as being under served to other years considering the record they have now, and more than likely (but play the game) hitting the Glass House... Whoever YOU support - let's hear your record, coaching, etc....

Go Lady Bears ! Unapologeticly

If "under served" means they're very good but not state championship quality then I agree.

I've known Chris for many years and he'll get a lot out of them but unless he gets transfers they won't win a gold ball.

Good coach, with good kids ad has been consistent since Chris started but MJHS doesn't have the good up and coming talent like years past. Sorry if you disagree. I'm a fan of the bears and wish them all the best.

Been a fan of MJ for a long time and this team will get to Murfreesboro. The 2 best players on this team did not come up through middle school. Nothing illegal, just not home grown. Chris will do a great job regardless, but next year they will need outside help to stay as dominant. Word on the street is that a big post player is headed their way. This is just how it is done. 3 of 5 starters for both Oakland and Blackman are "legal" transfers.