South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

JDogg..... when I get to the coach T homepage.... I clicked on schedules. I selected Obion Co. as the school and selected football as the sport. It pulled up the 2013 schedule with results but allowed me to go back to 2011. It stated as well that Obion won in 2011 36-6.

oh my bad clicked on the wrong thing lol

Not that it matters at all but you are correct BPM. That was one of the years that OC put together a great team. We did not have such a good year. 36-6 was the score but it could have been much worse. OC called off the dogs in that game. We started the season with an injured qb who was out for several games. We didn't have a back up who could run the veer. Sorry JDOGG.

no need to be sorry I was wrong some reason I was thinking basketball lol

As of recent not really. Heck Whootwell used to be pretty darn good at football at one time. The cycle just runs it's course. I agree with that though completely. I was just saying as of lately.

Neither of those coaches have been coaching recently.  That said, SP should be better than they have.  The only thing that changed when Brooks retired was the coaching.  The talent pool may even be better than when he was coaching.

First chance to get back on here after the game. Congrats to Union City, definately the best team again this year. Dominating lne play and excellents backs. Very dsiciplined and all your players compliment each other on every play. They feed off one another throughout the game. I hope with our next bunch of kids we can get back to that style of play.

Sorry Swo, wasn't able to make it down to meet you. I will blame it on Roy--he convinced us to come by Wendy's hotel room and we had to wrestle our way out of there. A sight you definately don't want to see...

As for 2014, UC is the clear favorite. But I'm sure Humbolt, Dresden and NCS will have something to say about that----GOLD runs through the WEST again next year. As for us, we will see where things fall but I don't see a team from the EAST measuring up with any of those schools---just yet!!!

Its okay Tom it wasn't the best of circumstances to be trying to meet people with the weather like it was. No problem. I agree UC should be the favorite coming out of the west next year. But I'm sure there are some teams over here that will have something to say about that. There were some games that could have gone the other way just like the championship game. Why? Fumbles. We have got to get better at holding on to the ball. Humboldt could have very easily taken either of the games we played with them. If we can improve any where that's the place to start. Congratulations on a great season. Maybe we can do this again next year. Good luck.

First chance to get back on here after the game. Congrats to Union City, definately the best team again this year. Dominating lne play and excellents backs. Very dsiciplined and all your players compliment each other on every play. They feed off one another throughout the game. I hope with our next bunch of kids we can get back to that style of play.

Sorry Swo, wasn't able to make it down to meet you. I will blame it on Roy--he convinced us to come by Wendy's hotel room and we had to wrestle our way out of there. A sight you definately don't want to see...

As for 2014, UC is the clear favorite. But I'm sure Humbolt, Dresden and NCS will have something to say about that----GOLD runs through the WEST again next year. As for us, we will see where things fall but I don't see a team from the EAST measuring up with any of those schools---just yet!!!

I'm starting a Facebook page on "How to Stop/Slow Down the Veer".  I've already invited Saban, Urban Meyer, Les Myles, etc.  We all have about 340 days to figure it out (unless you have to play UC during the regular season).  If we don't start working on this now, that trophy case at UC is going to have a 2013 Gold Ball and a 2014 Gold Ball.  You think I'm.........(you know how it goes ;))