Alcoa v. CPA 3A Championship

According to the Alcoa 2014 Budget, the local .50 sales tax increase will generate $1,450,000 of additional tax revenue per year. I'm thinking it may take a while to pay off $30+ million in bonds.

I really don't care what taxes and debt Alcoa residents want to incur and don't really care how you spend the money. I am sure the new turf and facilities will be awesome!

My only reason for bringing this up is that MrTwister was very derisive about anyone having debt and about CPA in particular. The issue cuts many different ways. I would never claim that Alcoa was broke just because they have a $30+ million bond issue to build school facilities.

The way I choose to live is a personal one. I have no control and have no desire to control how you or anyone else lives your life. I also cannot control how government spends money either. I pay my taxes and move on!

The way I choose to live is a personal one. I have no control and have no desire to control how you or anyone else lives your life. I also cannot control how government spends money either. I pay my taxes and move on!

Great. I guess we can all stipulate now that neither CPA nor the Alcoa School System are broke and that we are not going to moralize on how someone else spends their money. Works for me.

I don't really think so. Your whole point was based on the cost of tuition at Alcoa, so you probably want to use the correct amount, which is $600. Not a big deal, but certainly not petty either.

No not at all. Whatever the cost is and if the parents want to pay that cost is totally up to them. My petty comment was your correction of $100 (from $500 to $600). I thought it was petty!

No not at all. Whatever the cost is and if the parents want to pay that cost is totally up to them. My petty comment was your correction of $100 (from $500 to $600). I thought it was petty!

Then I apologize. I wasn't trying to be petty, just accurate. I was trying to be funny using APB's terminology, but I guess that didn't work either. (I can hear APB now saying, "leave that to the professionals…… :)  )

Edited by coachrus

:roflol: What a classic thread, the privates vs the open zoned.  Neither thinks its fair because their concerned the other has "massaged" the system more than they have. :roflol:

I disagree. No where on this thread does anyone comment on the fairness of either one. No one has claimed the other has "massaged" the system. I don't know how you can make this comment based on this thread.

I disagree. No where on this thread does anyone comment on the fairness of either one. No one has claimed the other has "massaged" the system. I don't know how you can make this comment based on this thread.

Nah...I think it's everyone else that thinks they both have massaged the system...lol.