HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

HHS is a midweek 87.1 point favorite, should benefit from wintry conditions, has the underdog mentality, meeting an opponent who may think the "big" game was last week, a great sporting nickname, less distance to travel, playing great at the right time, and has "The Bus" playing fullback.

No doubt murvil will have its hands full.

sx eye mite haiv two raze tha spred aftur hearin' sum ov thes knew stuttisticks....Eye'll haiv two confurr wif Bo tho..... Pluss eye jist seed a reel good knows man and anuthvur big 240lb. Line Baccker...... :huh:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Underdawg...???......Eye've watched two minny Underdawg cartunes and we all nose how thait caim out.....So lett's putt paincill two payper and start cyferrin'.......

Gettin' hot at tha rite time = +9.1

A tuff "smash mouth" teem = +11.4

Commando hairatige = +15.0

Farr plug and faist FB = +12.8

Playin' inn 9AAA wif all tham good playurs = +11.0

Coach Hatfield tawlkin' wif Coach Rankin abowt Mairvul = +13.1

Bad weathur hertin' Mairvul offense = +14.7

So's thairfour we add tha furst line ov numburrs........1 pluss 4 iz uhhhhhhhh 5.... 5 pluss nawt izzz 5 ......5 pluss 8 izzz uhhhhh 12 nooooooo uh 13..... 13 pluss 1 iz uhh 14..... 14 pluss 7 izzz uhhhh (hang on lett me taik oft my old Chuck taylor red and black hi-tops)........uhhhhhhh 21.......So's ewe leak tha 1 and cairy tha 2 and lay hit upp ovur tha 9......So thairfour.....2 pluss 9 izz uh........11 pluss 1 izzz uhhhhh 12....12 pluss 5 izzz uhhhhhhhhh uhhh 17....17 pluss 2 izzzz uhhhhhh 19........19 pluss 1 izz 20......20 pluss 3 izz uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 23.......23 pluss 4 izzz ......uhhhhhhhhhhhhh 27........So's thairfour ewe leaf tha 7 onn tha bottum line and cairy tha 2 and lay hit upp ovur tha 1.....So's 2 plusss 1 iz uh 3......3 pluss 1 izzzz uhhhh 4....4 pluss 1 izzz uh 5.....5 pluss 1 izzzz 6......6 pluss 1 izzzzzzz 7 .....7 pluss 1 izzz ate ..eye meen 8......so thairfour Hennersunville iz a urlee mid weak 87.1 favritt....... :wacko:

Stars you are really taking away my desire to drive to cookvegas and sit in cold and snow. I hope the players and coaches don't read this and get discouraged. Edited by countryREB

Stars you are really taking away my desire to drive to cookvegas and sit in cold and snow. I hope the players and coaches don't read this and get discouraged.

Welp cR.......... me..sx...and FryDiddy haiv ben keapin' hit reel all seesun....and accordin' two tha Cookevegas "Margie"....Hit looks like tha rane mite holt oft two aftur tha gaim.....at leest laist time eye seed hit....  :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Yea, PepVol, I am planning on being there. Not sure where I will be sitting, but I'll be weathering the storm with the rest of the crew. It's been a long time since I've been able to go to the state game. Pretty excited about it, and I hope we have a good competitive game where Maryville brings home the gold!

Awesome news there Maryvillerebels , I knew you didn't get to go here the last few years because of school and all , great to have you back in the House !! I love it that the younger Rebel fans are coming to the games too , Future generation of Rebel fans looks great !!!

Yea, I had a lot of tests around this time of the year so I wasn't ever able to make it.  I was always at the game in spirit though.  Listened or watched it online whenever I could.  Might explain why my grades weren't always the best.  haha

Yep, if you really care about the game then it will get in your blood and those younger fans will keep coming back again and again.  Plus some of the older fans make it pretty entertaining to attend the games.  :thumb:

i think that HHS can keep this game close. (i hope they can anyway). if it is close in the 4th quarter, i think HHS can find a way to win. they are on a great run and may have some Auburn type fate going on.

It is a state title game.  There aren't blowouts in 6A all that often.  However, I think HHS is going to have to throw the ball a little more than they are typically used to doing, especially if the Maryville offense is clicking.  Maryville can put up a lot of points and HHS will have to keep up.  Don't know if the ground game will be quite enough to keep the score really close.  On top of that they will have to keep Maryville off balance with a few throws so that Maryville doesn't stuff the box, which Maryville may do anyway. 

However, the biggest deal is the turnovers.  Maryville typically doesn't turn the ball over a whole lot, and they do a great job of taking advantage of turnovers.  If Maryville turns the ball over HHS needs to score off of it.  If it happens that HHS turns the ball over then they have to make sure they minimize the damage, and that isn't always easy to do against Maryville.

Should be an interesting game, and I for one am definitely selling the Commandos short.

MaryvilleRebels....

Good post but I think you are going to be surprised at Hville. Maryville will have to play outstanding to win this game. All around outstanding team that is well coached and a lot of good football players. Does that sound familiar? It should because they are just as disciplined and talented as our boys. It should be a great game and since Hville is hot and finishing strong in the 4th quarter I think this one could go either way.

Solly GWave iz rite tha best eye cain tell....Eye ain't seed a hole lott ov viddy-o tho...Ewe and tha littull man gonna bee inn Cookevul???..... :popcorneater:

I'm taking feedback to mean they are a 5 play out of 50 formation team.

A 50 base defense huh?  That's interesting.  Don't see many of those base defenses nowadays.