South Pitt vs Coalfield

oldcoalfield88

Any word on suspensions in regards to what happened late fourth quarter last night? Coalfield lined up to shake hands why did south pitt walk right past them and not shake hands?

This is the second such thread on this in an attempt to stir the pot.

Apparently it was done to keep the teams apart.  From the Newspaper:

Also letting loose were tempers, as numerous penalties were called late in the game, and both benches emptied with just more than two minutes left. After the game, the South Pittsburg players went off the field without shaking hands, per Moore's order.

"Coach Moore said he couldn't take a chance on shaking hands," Coalfield coach Keith Henry said. "He was afraid something might happen, and I'm sorry for that.

"It was a hard-fought game," Henry added. "South Pittsburg's got a great team and great tradition."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/nov/30/mitchells-five-tds-send-pirates-to-state-final/

This is the second such thread on this in an attempt to stir the pot.

Apparently it was done to keep the teams apart. From the Newspaper:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/nov/30/mitchells-five-tds-send-pirates-to-state-final/

I don't think anyone should blame or look down on coach Moore for not allowing them to shake hands. This was a very good decision on his part

maybe so. I seen one fan from south pitt at a gas station and he said the police would not allow the hand shakes. I did not see what went on to get tempers heated. During the game in the third quarter a south pitt player #60 was ejected. Coalfield appeared to me to handle that well. I hate to see any lack of sportsmanship from either team. Suspensions might really hurt S.pitt next week.

As it stands now there is no suspension of players next week due to events that unfolded late in the game. If you want to keep this thread open, keep the conversation on the game and not the "what's going to happen" stuff. If the TSSAA reviews film and decides to suspend players we will open the other thread back up for discussion. Any more talk of suspension on this thread will result in it being locked.

I want to say this as honestly and respectfully as possible. South Pittsburg is very fortunate to have such a loyal fan base. And this applies to any team so fortunate. Support and cheering from the stands is great but too often it crosses the line. Boys will be boys and unfortunate things will happen on the field, but as adults we need to be part of the solution not part of the problem. Parents and fans need to work at settling the boys down not stirring them up. A fan or adult or parent or coach who acts ignorantly shouldn't expect anything different from the boys.

• Upvote 1

I want to say this as honestly and respectfully as possible. South Pittsburg is very fortunate to have such a loyal fan base. And this applies to any team so fortunate. Support and cheering from the stands is great but too often it crosses the line. Boys will be boys and unfortunate things will happen on the field, but as adults we need to be part of the solution not part of the problem. Parents and fans need to work at settling the boys down not stirring them up. A fan or adult or parent or coach who acts ignorantly shouldn't expect anything different from the boys.

+1 This is an excellent post.

+1