South Pitt vs Coalfield

oldcoalfield88

Here is my $.02 for what its worth. I attended the game, kept stats on the home sideline and was able to make observations on what happened. The better team won. South Pittsburg's two-headed monster in the backfield of Jujuan Lanford (#6) and Kahlil Mitchell (#28) are as good a pair as you will see in the state. Mitchell was the best athlete on the field. South Pittsburg has great tradition, has great fan support and is the most dominant Class A team in the state. With that said, the Pirates are surely lacking in the discipline column. Numerous times throughout the game, I heard and witnessed South Pittsburg players jawing well after the whistle. By my count, South Pittsburg was flagged five times for personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct comapred to three for Coalfield. #60 for South Pittsburg stood out for the Pirates in their biggest game of the season to date, but it was for all the wrong reasons. An obviously athletic and talented lineman, the impression that #60 left on me is one of a selfish and shameful player that would rather talk the talk than walk the walk. His ejection late in the third quarter was justified. His run towards the field when the melee occurred with a little over two minutes was mind-boggling. How could a player that should have been sent to the locker room for the night, been able to get on the field to try and take part in senseless skirmish? There were several players that stepped on the field from the South Pittsburg sideline onto the field when they skirmish happened, but the TSSAA will decide whether to punish or not punish those involved. I do know that Coalfield head coach Keith Henry teaches his players to play hard, play with class and to never give up. I'm sure he is quite disappointed in the actions of a couple of his players for losing their cool. As far as this being a pattern, in my opinion, these are two completely different scenarios. In the 2011 game against Lookout Valley, the LV QB (name escapes me, but I'm thinking many Van Scribner?) was looking for a fight when he started the skirmish and Coalfield didn't keep their composure and paid dearly for their actions by facing the stiffest TSSAA penalty ever handed down for an on the field matter. My main questions for South Pittsburg fans are does your coaching staff allow the Pirate players to carry own with all the extra curricular activities after the whistle and how in the world did #60 have the opportunity to find his way on the field after he had been ejected? Best of luck in the state championship game. You all have a very good team, but it could be a much better and definitely a more respected team if they could learn how to play with class.          

Edited by kingbrian3

Here is my $.02 for what its worth. I attended the game, kept stats on the home sideline and was able to make observations on what happened. The better team won. South Pittsburg's two-headed monster in the backfield of Jujuan Lanford (#6) and Kahlil Mitchell (#28) are as good a pair as you will see in the state. Mitchell was the best athlete on the field. South Pittsburg has great tradition, has great fan support and is the most dominant Class A team in the state. With that said, the Pirates are surely lacking in the discipline column. Numerous times throughout the game, I heard and witnessed South Pittsburg players jawing well after the whistle. By my count, South Pittsburg was flagged five times for personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct comapred to three for Coalfield. #60 for South Pittsburg stood out for the Pirates in their biggest game of the season to date, but it was for all the wrong reasons. An obviously athletic and talented lineman, the impression that #60 left on me is one of a selfish and shameful player that would rather talk the talk than walk the walk. His ejection late in the third quarter was justified. His run towards the field when the melee occurred with a little over two minutes was mind-boggling. How could a player that should have been sent to the locker room for the night, been able to get on the field to try and take part in senseless skirmish? There were several players that stepped on the field from the South Pittsburg sideline onto the field when they skirmish happened, but the TSSAA will decide whether to punish or not punish those involved. I do know that Coalfield head coach Keith Henry teaches his players to play hard, play with class and to never give up. I'm sure he is quite disappointed in the actions of a couple of his players for losing their cool. As far as this being a pattern, in my opinion, these are two completely different scenarios. In the 2011 game against Lookout Valley, the LV QB (name escapes me, but I'm thinking many Van Scribner?) was looking for a fight when he started the skirmish and Coalfield didn't keep their composure and paid dearly for their actions by facing the stiffest TSSAA penalty ever handed down for an on the field matter. My main questions for South Pittsburg fans are does your coaching staff allow the Pirate players to carry own with all the extra curricular activities after the whistle and how in the world did #60 have the opportunity to find his way on the field after he had been ejected? Best of luck in the state championship game. You all have a very good team, but it could be a much better and definitely a more respected team if they could learn how to play with class.

one sided observation Edited by pegleg

yeah.. ok... old pirate seems like you get to say what ever you want on this board. I hope the only bacon brought home for s pitt is from the local grocery store. that's right close this thread.

LOPWOAO.....feller when yous been on coacht for 7 yrs and posted over 5,000 times you may have earned the right to say more than a sore loser that creates a new name to post about the issues you pretend to need answered! You are not fooling anyone and the moderators have issued several warnings regarding this. Now, take your loser attitude and dream of being a real bonafide winner! Points of real interest here are, the Pirates earholed are larger CF team. Much respect for the youngons that strap it up in every feud. BTW, jest how socially diverse is that area in relationship to different races? This area has a wide range of religions, races and cultures. That my fuzzy friend is how this country was created. Good Luck in the off season to the Jackets, they appear to have made strides at becoming a solid program if the adults don't ruin it for the youngons! Go Mighty Pirates, respect is earned, not taken lightly and never appreciated by all! Work hard, focus and get ready for the Dance in Cooksville against a quality opponent. GO WAR EAGLES..... Edited by OLD PIRATE

I agree with KingBrian on a few things. I saw #60 run onto the field and saw a few of the SP kids run in front of him trying to get him back on the bench as well. It was a very physical ball game by both teams. It looked like both sides were doing their share of mouthing. I would like to see that get cleaned up as well. It's about time to move on to the next game now.

Here is my $.02 for what its worth. I attended the game, kept stats on the home sideline and was able to make observations on what happened. The better team won. South Pittsburg's two-headed monster in the backfield of Jujuan Lanford (#6) and Kahlil Mitchell (#28) are as good a pair as you will see in the state. Mitchell was the best athlete on the field. South Pittsburg has great tradition, has great fan support and is the most dominant Class A team in the state. With that said, the Pirates are surely lacking in the discipline column. Numerous times throughout the game, I heard and witnessed South Pittsburg players jawing well after the whistle. By my count, South Pittsburg was flagged five times for personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct comapred to three for Coalfield. #60 for South Pittsburg stood out for the Pirates in their biggest game of the season to date, but it was for all the wrong reasons. An obviously athletic and talented lineman, the impression that #60 left on me is one of a selfish and shameful player that would rather talk the talk than walk the walk. His ejection late in the third quarter was justified. His run towards the field when the melee occurred with a little over two minutes was mind-boggling. How could a player that should have been sent to the locker room for the night, been able to get on the field to try and take part in senseless skirmish? There were several players that stepped on the field from the South Pittsburg sideline onto the field when they skirmish happened, but the TSSAA will decide whether to punish or not punish those involved. I do know that Coalfield head coach Keith Henry teaches his players to play hard, play with class and to never give up. I'm sure he is quite disappointed in the actions of a couple of his players for losing their cool. As far as this being a pattern, in my opinion, these are two completely different scenarios. In the 2011 game against Lookout Valley, the LV QB (name escapes me, but I'm thinking many Van Scribner?) was looking for a fight when he started the skirmish and Coalfield didn't keep their composure and paid dearly for their actions by facing the stiffest TSSAA penalty ever handed down for an on the field matter. My main questions for South Pittsburg fans are does your coaching staff allow the Pirate players to carry own with all the extra curricular activities after the whistle and how in the world did #60 have the opportunity to find his way on the field after he had been ejected? Best of luck in the state championship game. You all have a very good team, but it could be a much better and definitely a more respected team if they could learn how to play with class.          

very well said. excellent post. 

LOPWOAO.....feller when yous been on coacht for 7 yrs and posted over 5,000 times you may have earned the right to say more than a sore loser that creates a new name to post about the issues you pretend to need answered! You are not fooling anyone and the moderators have issued several warnings regarding this. Now, take your loser attitude and dream of being a real bonafide winner! Points of real interest here are, the Pirates earholed are larger CF team. Much respect for the youngons that strap it up in every feud. BTW, jest how socially diverse is that area in relationship to different races? This area has a wide range of religions, races and cultures. That my fuzzy friend is how this country was created. Good Luck in the off season to the Jackets, they appear to have made strides at becoming a solid program if the adults don't ruin it for the youngons! Go Mighty Pirates, respect is earned, not taken lightly and never appreciated by all! Work hard, focus and get ready for the Dance in Cooksville against a quality opponent. GO WAR EAGLES.....

No Sir, its not a dream of being a bonafide winnner, coalfield is a excellent community. just what are you implying by comments? CF is not large enough to have all you mentioned. i would agree s pitt is though. s pitt is three times larger than cf. 

CF stepped "onto" the field which is what provoked the thing.  Also, you are implying the coaching staff condones this at SP.  You failed to realize this is a new head coach and some of the assistants.  The week before he suspended 6 starters for the 1st QTR including Lankford and Mitchel.  Fitzgerald started and had 77 yards in the first qtr.  Lankford got about 4 carries in the qtr final game.  Since you were keeping stats, can you tell us who forced the Pirate player to the fence and didn't get a flag?