South Pitt vs Coalfield

oldcoalfield88

I want to say this as honestly and respectfully as possible. South Pittsburg is very fortunate to have such a loyal fan base. And this applies to any team so fortunate. Support and cheering from the stands is great but too often it crosses the line. Boys will be boys and unfortunate things will happen on the field, but as adults we need to be part of the solution not part of the problem. Parents and fans need to work at settling the boys down not stirring them up. A fan or adult or parent or coach who acts ignorantly shouldn't expect anything different from the boys.

+1

I am about as passionate about the Pirates as anyone. On line last night had a pretty good conversation with one of the coalfield fans. He is very psssionant ad well but when some go ad far as to use words like thugs or classless that is to much. I talked to some of our players and was told that the N-Word was being used over and over again by opposing players .I know we do things during the game that may be over the line at times but don't point out things we do and think you have only angels on your team. I will say this again our line dominated a line many were hyping ad the best in single A but guess what ours is pretty good. Congrats on your season and I have no doubt we will see you next year.

some SP parents were not pleased with some of the Pirates behavior

And I'm sure some Coalfield parents were not pleased with some of the Yellow Jackets' behavior

I want to say this as honestly and respectfully as possible. South Pittsburg is very fortunate to have such a loyal fan base. And this applies to any team so fortunate. Support and cheering from the stands is great but too often it crosses the line. Boys will be boys and unfortunate things will happen on the field, but as adults we need to be part of the solution not part of the problem. Parents and fans need to work at settling the boys down not stirring them up. A fan or adult or parent or coach who acts ignorantly shouldn't expect anything different from the boys.

D60 said it best.  It all starts at home with the parents, continues on the field with the coaches, and on Friday night with the fans.

And I'm sure some Coalfield parents were not pleased with some of the Yellow Jackets' behavior

D60 said it best. It all starts at home with the parents, continues on the field with the coaches, and on Friday night with the fans.

D60 and Troll sums it up. These post should end the discussion.

I talked to one parent who had a kid playing on s.Pitt team. He was upset starters were still in the game mid fourth quarter. I wish i had not left. I cannot comment on what got things so heated. I've heard several things from coalfield fans. I will not repeat them, I will say that s.pitt players appear to listen to their fans more than their coaches. No disrespect meant.

I talked to one parent who had a kid playing on s.Pitt team. He was upset starters were still in the game mid fourth quarter. I wish i had not left. I cannot comment on what got things so heated. I've heard several things from coalfield fans. I will not repeat them, I will say that s.pitt players appear to listen to their fans more than their coaches. No disrespect meant.

I am not really sure why folks got twisted up over the starter thing and the radio announcers were the once freaking out over it and were concerned over out QB in there up until the fiasco.  The thing is that the 2nd QB is Fitzgerald and wouldn't have been a step down, and would also be a big deal if the Pirates lost him also.  I am not sure putting in a 3rd string QB would have been a good thing.  Frankly, if CF wanted starters pulled, they could have pulled theirs 1st.

I am not really sure why folks got twisted up over the starter thing and the radio announcers were the once freaking out over it and were concerned over out QB in there up until the fiasco.  The thing is that the 2nd QB is Fitzgerald and wouldn't have been a step down, and would also be a big deal if the Pirates lost him also.  I am not sure putting in a 3rd string QB would have been a good thing.  Frankly, if CF wanted starters pulled, they could have pulled theirs 1st.

I wasn't twisted up about it, I just couldn't believe Grider left them in.  The undisputed MVP was furious by the end of the game and was in there right up until the end on defense.  I was really afraid he was going to get ejected or injured.  No reason to risk it at that point.

Edited by MountainTroll