Hampton Bulldogs Basketball

fieldsaj1

It will be interesting to see how Hampton handles the pressure.  And if your interested in tweets, you should see the Richard Sherman impersonations Valentine does against teams and players, very humble (Not).

Its a different world playing at the 'boro....McClain was there as a freshman....It will be the other's first, as players.

I dont look at tweets often...as for you last comment, I don't doubt that at all...I can only control my kid, at thats to a point

Every year we hear the same thing, how unbeatable teams from Middle and West Tennessee are

Every year after year after year.........And a lot of those teams, down there,  are good year in and year out...and SHOULD BE!

We are already hearing how UC or Mitchell and others would KILL us....Lets see, Im pretty sure CPA beat Mitchell early this season.....Pretty sure CPA just  beat Unicoi Co by 13....Hampton beat Unicoi Co by 11 in their 1st match up...Fact is, there's not usually a lot of difference in the last 8 teams standing at this point...Just fans with big mouths

Edited by uknoit2
  • Upvote 1

Its a different world playing at the 'boro....McClain was there as a freshman....It will be the other's first, as players.

I dont look at tweets often...as for you last comment, I don't doubt that at all...I can only control my kid, at thats to a point

Most humble kids are in the bleachers or riding the pine. It takes alot of self conficence and swagger to be a good ball player/ I'm not saying its a good thing and I'm sure you can take it to far. I try to teach my kids to be humble in their achievements. I've also tried to teach them to respect others when they don't come out on top. I'd say its a very few who can win and lose with the right frame of mind. I'm like Uknoit,my teachings don't always pan out.Wouldn't it be great if we could all have kids without faults. Then again, they might be a little disapointed in us.

Father Ryan- 19 loses

Pope John Paul II -16-13

Lipscomb- 20 losses

Even Brentwood Academy, while still not pushover, was only a shadow of what they used to be, this year at least. They still had a losing record.

Now Pearl Cohn is a good team. As is Cookville. Heck I'll even give you Franklin, they had a pretty decent ball club this year.

But the fact of the matter is Goodpasture has played only one even decent team since Christmas time, and they lost to them.

Good assessment.  FRA was the DII-A runner up with a D1 post player and a really good sophomore guard.   They can only control the opponents in front of them.

The Wartburgs, Cloudlands, Happy Valleys, Unakas, South Greenes, and Hancock Counties of the world are a real good indication of strength of schedule.   I'm not taking anything away from Hampton, as I'm sure they are a respectable team and will play solid in the Boro.

But there is no reason to question strength of schedule, when Hampton is playing those type of teams.  They can not control their schedule.  

BA might be a "shell of themselves"......Even if they are (considering they lost to Ensworth an average of 6 points/game), they would beat that upper East TN bunch by 40/game.  

Hopefully, they will play round 1 in Murfreesboro.  

Every year we hear the same thing, how unbeatable teams from Middle and West Tennessee are

2 of these 4 Memphis Mitchell, Humboldt, Union City, and Booker T will move on, and clearly had the toughest path to Murfreesboro.   Not saying they aren't beatable, but I have a hard time finding a team out of NE Tennessee that could run with these type of teams.  

2 of these 4 Memphis Mitchell, Humboldt, Union City, and Booker T will move on, and clearly had the toughest path to Murfreesboro.   Not saying they aren't beatable, but I have a hard time finding a team out of NE Tennessee that could run with these type of teams.  

We heard the same stuff in 2011....Came down and faced the 1st team that was gonna introduce us to basketball and beat us by 30+....We won by 12....Faced a Lake Co team that was gonna beat us by 50...We were down single digits and lost by 9 or 10 (I think) and they won the gold.

By the way, we come down and run with those type of teams all summer...and win more than we lose.

I know where you're coming from tho...We dont have teams year in and year out to compete with those teams...But when we do send one, they can usually play! Listen, we may get KILLED down there this year, but Id be surprised if that were the case.

Edited by uknoit2

Good assessment. FRA was the DII-A runner up with a D1 post player and a really good sophomore guard. They can only control the opponents in front of them.

The Wartburgs, Cloudlands, Happy Valleys, Unakas, South Greenes, and Hancock Counties of the world are a real good indication of strength of schedule. I'm not taking anything away from Hampton, as I'm sure they are a respectable team and will play solid in the Boro.

But there is no reason to question strength of schedule, when Hampton is playing those type of teams. They can not control their schedule.

BA might be a "shell of themselves"......Even if they are (considering they lost to Ensworth an average of 6 points/game), they would beat that upper East TN bunch by 40/game.

Hopefully, they will play round 1 in Murfreesboro.

Hamptons strengh of schedule isn't in question here. You don't have people on here saying Hampton goes 10 deep and will clobber everyone at state. I mean if you really DO want to get into it, CoachT's SOS has Hampton's around 40th and Goodpastures around 100th last I checked, but then you do have to that with a grain of salt.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is while they might have 30 wins, there will probably be 5 or 6 other teams down there that would have 29 or 30 wins playing Goodpastures schedule. And I'm NOT bashing Goodpasture for that, usually all those D-II schools are pretty strong. But the fact of the matter is they weren't this year.

Goodpasture is a very good team. But let's face it, once next week rolls around, they'll have only played one tough game for the better part of 3 months. That might have very well lulled them into complacency. And that's what will get you beat this time a year. Teams like Union City, Humboldt, Hampton, Mitchell, ect, they come in battle tested.

Hamptons strengh of schedule isn't in question here. You don't have people on here saying Hampton goes 10 deep and will clobber everyone at state. I mean if you really DO want to get into it, CoachT's SOS has Hampton's around 40th and Goodpastures around 100th last I checked, but then you do have to that with a grain of salt.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is while they might have 30 wins, there will probably be 5 or 6 other teams down there that would have 29 or 30 wins playing Goodpastures schedule. And I'm NOT bashing Goodpasture for that, usually all those D-II schools are pretty strong. But the fact of the matter is they weren't this year.

Goodpasture is a very good team. But let's face it, once next week rolls around, they'll have only played one tough game for the better part of 3 months. That might have very well lulled them into complacency. And that's what will get you beat this time a year. Teams like Union City, Humboldt, Hampton, Mitchell, ect, they come in battle tested.

I agree that DII was down this season, but the league top to bottom is about as competitive as it comes.  I think the West TN teams are always the toughest to play and toughest out when it comes to tournament.  All of the strength of schedule arguments, etc. go out the window next week.  

I don't see Goodpasture as complacent.  Complacent teams do not continue to beat down competition the way they have the past month, no matter who they play.  They absolutely dismantled the team in their sectional last night and dropped 41 in the 3rd quarter.  Sale Creek had 47 in the game.   I can assure you their coach could not care less that they won 30 games, he has been to the tournament with all different types of teams and records.  They can play as many as 10 players, and their top 7 seniors would start on almost any 1A team.  30-1 is a good accomplishment no matter who you play, but no one remembers that if you go out in the 1st round of the state.  

We will all know next week.  Like to to see Hampton against Gpasture round 1.  That will end this discussion one way or another.

Edited by 2minutedrill

Its all about buckets!!! Goodpasture can sure shoot that ball!!! I was able to watch the sectional against Sale Creek and its been a while since I seen a team with that much depth. Height maybe an issue in the Tourney though, but don't leave Goodpasture open or its going to be a long night for anyone. Like Uncle Drew says its all about BUCKETS!!