Hampton Bulldogs Basketball

fieldsaj1

I'm all for private schools getting the boot out of Division 1, but comments like this just make us look stupid, and it ticks me off. LEAD is a PUPLIC SCHOOL guys!!!!

I'm really sorry you are ticked off but if you believe any school public or private can get to the state tournament in 2 years of existence without recruiting we may need to reexamine who looks kind of stupid here? That said, I didn't mean anything bad about LEAD they had a good bunch of kids.

Contrary to popular believe LEAD does not recruit. This is a team whose head coach left them just before the start of the season. They are a bunch of kids who worked their butts to get here. Imagine change head coaches just before the start of the season and having to not only learn a new coaching staff but also new coaching philosophy. It took the first part of the year for things to fall in to place. Hats off to Hampton they played an excellent game but don't downplay LEAD'S effort as a team that recruits. Simple work, determination, and effort got them where they were today. They just came up short today. Get used to seeing them because they aren't going anywhere

We shall see....as a team we didnt play as good as possible and 19-32 from FT line....HAMPTON 19-32 FROM THE LINE??!!! That's almost beyond belief

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Uknoit2,  YOU HAVE GOT to do a better job of coaching!!!! I almost got fired during the 4th quarter... accidently let a couple naughty words slip and was questioned what I was doing. Funny story.... one guy came over asked what I was doing so i told him. His response: " be a good time to rob a store over there. The entire population of Hampton, all 75 of them, are at the game". I politely told him he was #1 :o

Anyways.... see all you DAWG fans tomorrow. Save me a seat!!

WE ARE H-TOWN!!!!!!!

LEAD is a charter school funded by the public, FOR public kids (free of charge) who go to and want to leave other public schools which underachieve academically. Which in an inter-city setting, is a wonderful idea in my opinion.

Yeah we need us one of them Charter schools right in the middle of Carter Co, take all the good students and kids that have structure. We could have us a 1a powerhouse. Trust me Lead is nothing like our small public schools. I also agree its a fine thing for their kids, but its deffineately different.

I'm really sorry you are ticked off but if you believe any school public or private can get to the state tournament in 2 years of existence without recruiting we may need to reexamine who looks kind of stupid here? That said, I didn't mean anything bad about LEAD they had a good bunch of kids.

You make it sound like this team was designed to be a basketball juggernaut by recruiting. They were 11-10 at the end of the regular season. I mean they lost to Merrol Hyde. They weren't that great most of the year. They just happened to gel and peaked at the right time, and got a few lucky wins to boot. I highly doubt any of their players decided to go to lead for their basketball program.

Btw, its their 7th year of existance.

Yeah we need us one of them Charter schools right in the middle of Carter Co, take all the good students and kids that have structure. We could have us a 1a powerhouse. Trust me Lead is nothing like our small public schools. I also agree its a fine thing for their kids, but its deffineately different.

Contrary to popular believe LEAD does not recruit. This is a team whose head coach left them just before the start of the season. They are a bunch of kids who worked their butts to get here. Imagine change head coaches just before the start of the season and having to not only learn a new coaching staff but also new coaching philosophy. It took the first part of the year for things to fall in to place. Hats off to Hampton they played an excellent game but don't downplay LEAD'S effort as a team that recruits. Simple work, determination, and effort got them where they were today. They just came up short today. Get used to seeing them because they aren't going anywhere

Good post....None from H Town down playing them in the least....Very QUICK team that shot very well today