Hampton Bulldogs Basketball

fieldsaj1

don't know how HHS could shoot this bad, i know that Smith has them boy's shooting on that machine every day during school. At least 200 shots per day.They even have freshman practice during school. The school is pretty much centered around boy's basketball. I just wish that the administration was as concerned about girls basaketball and all the other sports as it is boy's basketball. Hampton used to have girls basketball practice during school and also had weightlifting during school. Now it seems that the only important sport is boys basketball. I think it is great that the boys get to practice every day in school but i don't think it is fair to the girls or any other sports. why can't all the girls have shooting practice during school and weightlifting for all athletes. My daughter plays basketball and she is just as important to me as the boys are to thier parents. But apparently not to HHS's administration.

I agree that all sports should get equal oppertunities.

In my opinion if the post would have been fed more might have been a different outcome and if a certain player didn't try Dribbling behind the back and creating his own shoot the boys might be playing for the state champion but either way I'm still proud of them

The "littleness" of this post still gets me...

Hampton responded wel to our first qtr breakout. Our quickness made the diffrence. As for dirbbling behind the back they had to to get around our guards. I actually thought it was a good move because it protected the ball. Vallentine caused us problems but you all would not go to him. Good luck and I hope #32 plays football. He is strong as a bull.

Anyone in their right mind saw it that way too....If any player was costing this team a chance to advance, coaches would have pulled em....Good ball handling and shot selection, along with getting the ball in the paint got us to the 'boro....We were not, nor will we be a one dimensional team.

Good post Galilee. I believe Hampton tried to go to Valentine but Mitchell played good defense in the fourth quarter to limit his touches. I could tell Mitchell did not want the ball to go to the post. The ball pressure that was applied on our guards was a huge factor in this game. Thanks for the props to #32. He is a senior and did play football. Mitchell is a great team. One of the best that I have seen in single A ball.   

Exactly!

The "littleness" of this post still gets me...

Anyone in their right mind saw it that way too....If any player was costing this team a chance to advance, coaches would have pulled em....Good ball handling and shot selection, along with getting the ball in the paint got us to the 'boro....We were not, nor will we be a one dimensional team.

Exactly!

I'm with you on every point, a GREAT mitchell team is what beat Hampton.

don't know how HHS could shoot this bad, i know that Smith has them boy's shooting on that machine every day during school. At least 200 shots per day.They even have freshman practice during school. The school is pretty much centered around boy's basketball. I just wish that the administration was as concerned about girls basaketball and all the other sports as it is boy's basketball. Hampton used to have girls basketball practice during school and also had weightlifting during school. Now it seems that the only important sport is boys basketball. I think it is great that the boys get to practice every day in school but i don't think it is fair to the girls or any other sports. why can't all the girls have shooting practice during school and weightlifting for all athletes. My daughter plays basketball and she is just as important to me as the boys are to thier parents. But apparently not to HHS's administration.

I got a strength training program from a Coach in NC. They had strength traing classes for footbal during school. It assured that all the players worked out on a regular basis as a TEAM. Its not a coincident that that bunch has won 3 straight state championships.I know Grace has strength training classes daily, I'm sure tons of the successful schools have this also. All kids needs physical fitness, it not only makes you a better athelete, it gives you self confidence and pride in yourself. It would help girls and boys sports,a bigger stronger athelete is a better athelete. We need to get that straightened out.

Everybody can sit back and analyze what was good and bad about this game. I also have opinions. Many things I would have done different but not one of these opinions on here will win us the game now. Congrats Bulldogs you all had a good run. Everyone can be very proud of what you all accomplished. At least you didnt have to recruit to get there. Good luck to the seniors on this team. All 3 were great leaders on this team. May GOD richly bless you all!

Everybody can sit back and analyze what was good and bad about this game. I also have opinions. Many things I would have done different but not one of these opinions on here will win us the game now. Congrats Bulldogs you all had a good run. Everyone can be very proud of what you all accomplished. At least you didnt have to recruit to get there. Good luck to the seniors on this team. All 3 were great leaders on this team. May GOD richly bless you all!

Great Post