Ensworth-MUS

WesVLT

If MUS is to beat Ensworth, it will need to force turnovers and win the line of scrimmage. The Tigers are incredibly physical, and Ferby -- slowed by injury for much of the year -- has had an extra week to heal and prepare. It will be hard for the Owls to shut down the Tigers' smashmouth offense, but if they can get some early stops and put some quick points on the board, they will put Bowers' run-oriented squad in a tight spot.

I predict that the Tigers will control the line of scrimmage well enough to keep the ball out of MUS's hands. Ensworth will lead 14-3 at halftime and will win 27-10.

Nice call on the final.

How can anyone care or be exited about Ensworth winning another state title?  If you can afford the best car you should win the races.  As far as Ricky Bowers as a great coach...send him somewhere like JP2 and see how good of a coach he is!

Your rant would have more truth if they were not in D2. There are several teams in with them that have similar situations. If you can't recruit adequately, get out of D2. I'm not sure what team you call your's but I am certain they would be better if Bowers was coaching them.

How can anyone care or be exited about Ensworth winning another state title?  If you can afford the best car you should win the races.  As far as Ricky Bowers as a great coach...send him somewhere like JP2 and see how good of a coach he is!

Congratulations - this may be a first.  Join CoachT and your first post is a confirmation that you are a member of the "I hate Ricky Bowers Club!".  Maybe this somehow fulfilled your life's goals.  

Congratulations to MUS for a great year and a hard fought game last night!  The effort on the field by the MUS players was outstanding.

No hate involved. Never met Ricky Bowers.. It was obvious which team was better coached. 5 offensive plays didn't beat MUS. No great game plan beat MUS. Recruiting isn't legal even in D2. So, I'm sure that is not the case. Trade coaches and Ensworth wins by 50. If it's all about recruiting and money then you are correct Ensworth will win the state title for the forseeable future. Don't see how any Ensworth fan can get excited about that. Especially ones paying tuition.

I guess when I get to 68 posts I'm allowed to have an opinion. Sorry about that.

Not really - you can be misinformed and full of hate in any of your posts you have proven that.  If you don't like Ensworth then don't send your child to school there.    If you don't like Ricky Bowers fine - stay away from him.  I guess that enough people care about Ensworth for whatever reason - that it bothers you enough to go the effort of joining CoachT then bash the school, Bowers and team.

The MUS team played exceptionally well - held #10 to half his average per yard in the first half, pressured the QB all night and played the Ensworth front better than any team has this year.  Hats off to MUS.