balance of power switching to 6aaa

90warrior

after years of dominance from 5aaa i think it has finally switched from 5aaa to 6aaa with cookeville,stone, and white county being loaded this year and already thumping bradley, ooltewah, and walker valley. the only bad thing is cookeville, stone, and white are going to beat up on each other in the district. i think there is a legitamate chance that cookeville, stone and white county could all be ranked in the top ten in the state which would be awesom. anyway, what does everybody else think?

after years of dominance from 5aaa i think it has finally switched from 5aaa to 6aaa with cookeville,stone, and white county being loaded this year and already thumping bradley, ooltewah, and walker valley. the only bad thing is cookeville, stone, and white are going to beat up on each other in the district. i think there is a legitamate chance that cookeville, stone and white county could all be ranked in the top ten in the state which would be awesom. anyway, what does everybody else think?

I don't know that it is a balance of power shift, but this season 6AAA is probably stronger, maybe even the next season or two. And it is not just White Co, Cookeville, and SMHS. CCHS is very young but very fast and deep, and will only be losing one player this year. Warren Co is supposed to have some very good young players coming up as well.  Good kids and good coaching usually equals success.

know several of the coaches pretty well. Foster does a very good job. He connects well with his kids and they always play hard and he gets a lot out of them. Bray at Cookeville is a very good coach, a little conservative IMHO, but a very good coach none the less. Capps has always impressed me, he has a great way of dealing with the kids, and runs a tight ship. I don't know Sparta's coach but having watched them several times, they appear very well coached, and so when the talent is there (like now) they should be good. Don't know as much about Warren and Rhea, but overall coaching shouldn't hold back the district.

Having coaches that are willing to play good teams even if they lose means for long term success. Next season SMHS will lose a lot of talent, but Capps is working to develop a lot of very talented young kids as well. IMHO they will stay good for a long time.

SMHS lost a tight one (60-57) last night to Light House Christian. Similar to the UC game last week. SMHS held a 6-9 point lead until late in the 3rd when Capps subbed out 4 starters (about 5 min). LH came back and took the lead. Stone never could get control back, tied several times, but LH finally took it. Capps is working to develop those young players, giving them some serious mins even if it costs the game. Would have been nice to win, but in the long run these games don't count towards anything except preparing the team for the end of the year and beyond.

You mean the same Cookeville that lost to single A Goodpasture?  You need to get out more.

were you ther big chief? i heard cook was up by20 and had 5 dunks on the private school. and yes, they came back and beat them. goodpasture has a really good team as usual. don't know what cookeville's excuse was if they had any. i know stone lost to a very good oak ridge team by 2 when there point guard had the flu. i also know that white co. lost to a pretty good lebanon team when there star player had the stomach flu. you are gonna have bad games. you can't play great every game. it is the body of work that matters and how good you are playin come tourny time.

I have seen Goodpasture and they are very very good for single A.  I would be surprised if they don't go to state and maybe even win it.  

What is the news on them anyway... Were these players that are there now recruited/on scholarship?  It is hard to believe those guys were all just zoned to go there???

As for the balance, I agree it certainly does look that way at least early on.  There is alot of basketball to be played.  I think it is a combo of 5aaa not being quite as strong this year and 6aaa adding stone to the mix and having white co be stronger.  Cookeville and Cumberland are sort of in the same boat IMO.  Both have some good talent but not just a ton of experience. Should get better as the season progresses, you would think

Was at Cookeville/Wilson Central last night and Cookeville played pretty bad.  No energy, didn't rebound.  This team can be good, but will have some bad games.  Not up to a ranked team level. Only 1 senior though, will be better next year.  I've been following this years junior class since 7th grade, has potential to be really good. 

I have seen Goodpasture and they are very very good for single A.  I would be surprised if they don't go to state and maybe even win it.  

What is the news on them anyway... Were these players that are there now recruited/on scholarship?  It is hard to believe those guys were all just zoned to go there???

As for the balance, I agree it certainly does look that way at least early on.  There is alot of basketball to be played.  I think it is a combo of 5aaa not being quite as strong this year and 6aaa adding stone to the mix and having white co be stronger.  Cookeville and Cumberland are sort of in the same boat IMO.  Both have some good talent but not just a ton of experience. Should get better as the season progresses, you would think

No recruitment or scholarship.  Most of the team has been at Goodpasture since kindergarten and elementary school.  Core group of players have been playing together since middle school.  Team was 22-6 last season when they were all juniors.  They have a good group of talented seniors.

Cookeville is very good.  It was a great battle when Goodpasture played at Cookeville a few weeks ago.

Cookeville got dusted by 17 on Tuesday night by Wilson Central. Could of been worse.

I see Stone as the #1 in this district.

I am a bit biased, but I agree. I watched Wilson Central get beat by 20 by a very good Tyner team last Friday, and I think my Panthers can beat Tyner (It would be a good, very tough game), but Coach Bray is a very good coach and you never know what happens in a particular match up.