Cleveland vs Soddy Daisy - Thursday Night

chsmedia

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job Yost and Higgins for developing some great men! (And for Al and Steve for helping you with your big boy pants;))

Didnt see one kid not put up a fight.  

Two shout outs: 

Josh Hamilton,  You are a beast! And a great Young man.

Austin Williamson does not stop. One moment I could of sworn I saw two of him on the mat.

Cleveland was missing #1 ranked Colton Landers at 106 and returning state qualifier Koran Kennedy ranked #3 at 285. Cleveland had a couple back-ups in the line-up and a few more wrestling up a weight class. Soddy appeared to have everyone but also had some guys wrestling a little heavier than where they will probably end up. Soddy picked up 6 points at both 106 and 195 for a total of 12 that could likely go the other way with Landers and Kennedy back in the mix.

IMO the best match was Aaron Oliver wrestling up to 170 for his first match of the season to face #1 ranked Garrett Alexander. That match came down to the wire with Alexander winning by 1 point.

Cleveland 39 Soddy Daisy 33

86 pound freshman Nino filled in at 106 and gave up a pin.

Returning state medalist and #2 ranked Blansit picked up a technical fall 15-0 at 113.

1st year starter Taylor Bishop lost a 3 point decision against McClure at 120.

#1 ranked state champion Debian pinned #2 ranked Houser.

Returning state placer and former state champion #1 Stevison pinned at 132.

Returning state qualifier Ezra Taylor pins his opponent at 138.

1st year wrestler Will Haas battled to keep it to a decision against #1 Russo but with a last second takedown gives up a major.

1st year varsity wrestler Eli Eisenhower loses by technical fall to #2 ranked Williamson at 152.

1st year starter Jonathan Martin losses by fall to #1 ranked Richmond at 160.

Returning state medalist and #2 ranked Josh Hamilton won a major decision 15-1 at 182.

Cleveland losses by fall at 195.

Returning state runner-up and former state champion #1 Ethan West bumps up to 220 and receives a forfeit.

#6 ranked returning state qualifier John Gaither wins with a pin wrestling up at 285.

Soddy Daisy had several kids wrestling up, 6 to be exact were giving up at least 10 lbs at the weight they wrestled at. SD 106 that wrestled that night probably weighs less tha 86 lbs. Future match looks like Payne vs. Landers. plus SD has one kid out from the heavier weights.  I don't have numbers to put in front of these kids, but they are quality wrestlers. May not beat Cleveland, but should keep things interesting.

Great Job Yost and Higgins for developing some great men! (And for Al and Steve for helping you with your big boy pants;))

Didnt see one kid not put up a fight.  

Two shout outs: 

Josh Hamilton,  You are a beast! And a great Young man.

Austin Williamson does not stop. One moment I could of sworn I saw two of him on the mat.

Thank you glc for your comment regarding Josh Hamilton. There is no question that he is a beast,

and I wish that I would have been half of the fine young man that he is at his age. That kid is going places. His Dad.