Carter vs. Fulton

uptempo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton will be missing a few guys and they always struggle this time of year but get much better as the season goes on.  By mid January they will be state ready again.  Unsure about Carter based on the schedule they've played so far but they have a nice team and a system of play that seems to be working well.

I was talking with my buddies at the Hardee's Friday round table today and guy familiar with Fulton said they played three freshman and a sophomore about half the game against Gatlinburg. That may indicate several players are in football still. Agree Fulton improves significantly as the season goes on. Thought I might go to game. But think I will stay home and watch play off football. Wish they would start televising some basketball games on Friday nights.

I was talking with my buddies at the Hardee's Friday round table today and guy familiar with Fulton said they played three freshman and a sophomore about half the game against Gatlinburg. That may indicate several players are in football still. Agree Fulton improves significantly as the season goes on. Thought I might go to game. But think I will stay home and watch play off football. Wish they would start televising some basketball games on Friday nights.

I wish so too but Mark Packard can't generate enough $$$ to justify a basketball game.

Fulton will win as usual. Carter's new style of play will only beat lesser teams. It might be fun to watch but you don't win championships with it.

You obviously did not watch Gulf Coast Community College make their run in the NCAA tournament with their uptempo style and as a #15 seed beat "Lesser Teams" seeded higher...."bleacher coaches", you guys are a dime a dozen!!!!

who are they missing? I know the pg Williams, who are the other 2?

Just making an assumption based on Turtles comment that Fulton was missing three players that played a lot last year. So I concluded they would be potential starters this year. Other wise I wouldn't have a clue. But like any school that has a deep run in the football playoffs early more than likely they will be short handed in basketball. For example read on 4 AA thread Catholic was playing with 6 players prior to football getting beat in the play offs. Catholic, West, Alcoa, Fulton are all playing with depleted rosters.