Mikey White WR Science Hill now at Crockett?

AlumnI01

Heard from a friend tonight that WR Mikey White has transferred to Crockett. Is this true? He was undoubtedly SH's best big threat option once Malik Stephens went down. Why would he go to Crockett as bad as they are at football? He had a very good chance of receiving some scholarship offers next year. That won't happen at Crockett.

He was still enrolled at SH as of last week and apparently made no mention of possibly transferring. Something seems fishy about all this.

Edited by AlumnI01

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard from a friend tonight that WR Mikey White has transferred to Crockett. Is this true? He was undoubtedly SH's best big threat option once Malik Stephens went down. Why would he go to Crockett as bad as they are at football? He had a very good chance of receiving some scholarship offers next year. That won't happen at Crockett.

He was still enrolled at SH as of last week and apparently made no mention of possibly transferring. Something seems fishy about all this.

Maybe the stage won't be as big and there won't be as many victories but this kid will play most of the same schools and be working with a QB entering his 3rd season as a starter who is known for throwing the ball. It will probably be a chance to highlight his production. No clue as to why this young man might make this move but it isn't all bad.

Maybe the stage won't be as big and there won't be as many victories but this kid will play most of the same schools and be working with a QB entering his 3rd season as a starter who is known for throwing the ball. It will probably be a chance to highlight his production. No clue as to why this young man might make this move but it isn't all bad.

I disagree. The QB at Crockett only looks good when he plays against terrible competition. When playing against good, even just OK competition, he's pretty bad. McGue at SH is 10x the QB this kid is.

Had breakfast with a few buddies earlier, one of whom works for one of the national recruiting services. I brought this situation with White up and he said this move really baffles him. He said that what a lot of players don't seem to understand is that when you play on a team with multiple good players(like SH)and you still stand out, that speaks very highly of your game. However, when you play for a team that isn't very good(like Crockett)and stand out, well, that obviously doesn't speak nearly as highly of your game. He said that in his opinion, this move will end up hurting White in the long run, especially if he is hoping to play at the next level. He said that if White really is hoping to play at the next level, he should've stayed at SH or if he wanted to transfer, at least transferred to a school as good or better than SH. 

Edited by AlumnI01

Someone was telling me that one of SH's basketball coaches went to DC and one or two players plus his own kid transfered.Just hearsay.I don't keep up with basketball or know anything about it but that's what I was told.

This is true but I don't believe he's playing basketball. He was on the team at SH, I believe, but had only practiced with them. I don't think he had seen any game action. From what I was told, he just wants to play football and participate in track.

Edited by AlumnI01

I disagree. The QB at Crockett only looks good when he plays against terrible competition. When playing against good, even just OK competition, he's pretty bad. McGue at SH is 10x the QB this kid is.

Had breakfast with a few buddies earlier, one of whom works for one of the national recruiting services. I brought this situation with White up and he said this move really baffles him. He said that what a lot of players don't seem to understand is that when you play on a team with multiple good players(like SH)and you still stand out, that speaks very highly of your game. However, when you play for a team that isn't very good(like Crockett)and stand out, well, that obviously doesn't speak nearly as highly of your game. He said that in his opinion, this move will end up hurting White in the long run, especially if he is hoping to play at the next level. He said that if White really is hoping to play at the next level, he should've stayed at SH or if he wanted to transfer, at least transferred to a school as good or better than SH. 

I remember another Tennessee high school player named White.He played for a High School called Howard.His University of Tenneessee teams went 5-6,8-4,6-5-1 and 9-3 and were no threat to win a national title.I'll agree if your really good on a good team,it might be better.However,if your really good anywhere like Reggie White was,someone is going to notice you.

Just my two cents worth.... but if there are several other good players on a team.  The defense can't just key in on one guy.  That should make it a little easier to make plays. 

If you are a stud on a weak team.... the defense should know you are going to get the ball.  If you still make plays, then that is pretty impressive.  Especially since your teammates are not that good and probably can't block for you very well and help you make those plays.  I would be more impressed if I was a scout.  Just my opinion though. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is hogwash. Bosken has been promising BS to local players such as Mikey White and Ethan Thomas. He is supposedly promising big time recruiting and stuff. They went 5-5 against teams like Sullivan East and Unicoi. Who does a recruiter want to see play more? Sullivan East vs Crockett or Science Hill vs any team that doesn't get their workout for plowin the fields and stackin hay. Mikey will stay at SH because he isn't stupid. Crockett sucks. All they can do is throw tunnel screens. They have a darn good back and cant use him because their offensive line cant block a granny.

Hearing that mikey is staying at sh is a good thing for sh because of the talent he brings. However would have loved for white to go to Crockett and see how he could put a team on his back and help out. Loads of talent for Crockett with T.K. Hill and an improving team with a great head coach. Can't wait to see what they do. Possible sh upset?

Hearing that mikey is staying at sh is a good thing for sh because of the talent he brings. However would have loved for white to go to Crockett and see how he could put a team on his back and help out. Loads of talent for Crockett with T.K. Hill and an improving team with a great head coach. Can't wait to see what they do. Possible sh upset?

You are an idiot sir. Magic 8 ball says another 90 point game for Stacy's team.