Class A polls?

SportsfanTN2010

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw one out there....

1) Jackson Co. - Will probably win it all again this year... Jaycee Coe....

2) Union City - Really good right now, have the potential to get even better if Amber Fair comes back well....

3) Clarkrange - Winning at will against Single A teams... Jackson Co/Clarkrange should be awesome!

4) Houston Co. - Not many know about Houston Co., but this is the year they'll make it to the 'boro....

5) Gibson Co. - Young, but very talented players.... should be a good ride for the next 3-4 years

6) Community - Don't know much about them, but beating Single A opponents handily, only lost to a good Creek Wood team by 3

7) Meigs Co. - Crushing Single A opponents.... 

8) Huntingdon - Coach Lowery has turned this program around, Solid wins so far....

9) TCA - Lost to Union City by 2.. also beat preseason 15A favorite Middleton

10) Silverdale Academy - Played a weak schedule, but won all games by atleast 10 points....

Teams that could make a case to be in: JCS, Hampton, Collinwood, Van Buren

Edited by GCPioneer

This years state tournament will be a lot of fun to watch. There are a lot of really good Class A teams out there this year so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Jackson County vs Clarkrange will be atleast a 4 game match up with the 5th coming in the state championship if they make it that far. I am looking forward to seeing just how good this new Clarkrange team is. JC will have a few bumps in the road i suspect as the season goes but they are getting better every game. Travelling to Ezell Harding on Saturday night should be a good early season test to see how good they are thus far. Any other big games coming up with the top ten teams?

I'll throw one out there....

1) Jackson Co. - Will probably win it all again this year... Jaycee Coe....

2) Union City - Really good right now, have the potential to get even better if Amber Fair comes back well....

3) Clarkrange - Winning at will against Single A teams... Jackson Co/Clarkrange should be awesome!

4) Houston Co. - Not many know about Houston Co., but this is the year they'll make it to the 'boro....

5) Gibson Co. - Young, but very talented players.... should be a good ride for the next 3-4 years

6) Community - Don't know much about them, but beating Single A opponents handily, only lost to a good Creek Wood team by 3

7) Meigs Co. - Crushing Single A opponents.... 

8) Huntingdon - Coach Lowery has turned this program around, Solid wins so far....

9) TCA - Lost to Union City by 2.. also beat preseason 15A favorite Middleton

10) Silverdale Academy - Played a weak schedule, but won all games by atleast 10 points....

Teams that could make a case to be in: JCS, Hampton, Collinwood, Van Buren

Houston county very good team.Pretty deep on the bench and have good size in the middle

The polls mean nothing. Jackson County has won 7 state championships and 3 Runner Up trophies over the last 13 years and i don't think they have ever been ranked #1 in the polls and they won't be ranked #1 this year either. UC was ranked #1 all of last year and they got beat by 30 in the championship game against Jackson Co. so i wouldn't put alot of stock in them.

07-08 season I thought you all were ranked #1 all year? But you are right, and it goes for all the teams that come out of this district. When clay won it a couple of years ago they didn't crack the top 5. The people who do the polls look at overall record as opposed of strength of schedule. The year Clay won state and didn't crack the top 10 the majority of the losses come from Macon County, Clarkrange, and Jackson County but without a fancy 33-2 record they didn't get ranked high. The people who do the polls just don't see things like that when they rank the teams. Edited by swanson71